What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way to un-install a jailbreak tweak wothout cydia using iFunbox?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if I can. Cydia is gone and I want to get rid of software update killer since I am planning on moving out out 7.0.4 when 7.1 is released.

Also anyone know any other way to instal cydia using iFunbox or any other programs? Thanks.

edit: So apparently I found a program that adds cydia without jailbreak. Its called iNerds Cydia 7. I do not know if this works, everyone is daying it is totally legit. Novody is saying it is not. I am gonna try that. Does this one work?

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's no need for software update killer since Evasi0n7 blocks the update anyways. Secondly, using Settings.app's OTA update will guarantee you a one way trip to a full restore, so you'll end up undergoing a restore on iTunes regardless of whether there's an update killer or not.

Any means of getting Cydia on your device outside of the involvement of official channels or directly through know sources is not recommended. Either rejailbreak or remain as is.

You can install packages using iFunbox or iFile. As long as the installer package is still on your device even of the Cydia icon is missing, you can install deb packages

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if I can. Cydia is gone and I want to get rid of software update killer since I am planning on moving out out 7.0.4 when 7.1 is released.

Also anyone know any other way to instal cydia using iFunbox or any other programs? Thanks.

edit: So apparently I found a program that adds cydia without jailbreak. Its called iNerds Cydia 7. I do not know if this works, everyone is daying it is totally legit. Novody is saying it is not. I am gonna try that. Does this one work?

You are going to continue to have issues with your jail broken device unless you restore it to stock iOS 7.0.4 and then re-jail break it, if you wish. Whatever you did to "lose" Cydia (per another thread you've made) is going to continue to haunt you.

I would not recommend putting anything else on the iPad, to include the program you mentioned. It is not the Cydia as released by saurik, so there cannot be access as with the proper Cydia store.

Again, to make your iPad function properly, our only advice is to restore a fresh version of iOS 7.0.4 onto it.

Marilyn

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does icloud work so I can restore in a JBed idevice?

Also Cydia doesn't show in iFunbox. So does iFile. I heard on the blog I found the steps to make cydia have a custom icon. I have to install a deb file using ifunbox. Anyone know a deb file?

I will try the iNerds program. I will see if it works, if i does not I will restore

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does icloud work so I can restore in a JBed idevice?

Also Cydia doesn't show in iFunbox. So does iFile. I heard on the blog I found the steps to make cydia have a custom icon. I have to install a deb file using ifunbox. Anyone know a deb file?

I will try the iNerds program. I will see if it works, if i does not I will restore

iCloud only backs up stock data. Jailbreaking does not affect stock functions.

Just to put it out there, if you try the iNerds program, and you brick your device, that's on you.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCloud only backs up stock data. Jailbreaking does not affect stock functions.

Just to put it out there, if you try the iNerds program, and you brick your device, that's on you.

I know restoring will lose my JB. I am asking if iCloud may also work on my JBed device. I may have to restore using icloud.

Also about my device getting bricked by using iNerds.That scared the hell out of me when you said that.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about iCloud backups as I've never used it. I always use iTunes to make and restore backups. I've never had an issue with anything being gone.

From personal experience (I've done this on 2 iPhone 4Ss, one iPhone 5, an iPad 3, an iPad Mini and my iPad Air): I had the devices on iOS 6 and iOS 7. I backed up each one with iTunes and then did the "put into DFU mode and shift/restore" method to put iOS 7.0.4 on all these devices (the Mini and the iPhone 5 already had iOS 7.0.4, I was just doing a "clean" install of the iOS). At prompting from iTunes, I restored each one from it's backup. Then, I jail broke them all.

Every one of the devices had everything on it - pictures, videos, settings, game progress, etc. Yes, I backed up the photos and such separately by copying to my PC, but still. Everything was there. When I finished, it was as if each device was the same. Well, except they were all on iOS 7.0.4 ... and jail broken.

I say all this to suggest that maybe you keep iTunes in mind when you are doing this restore. I've never had an issue with it for backups or restoring. Yes, one anecdote is not data, but to me, re-restoring a device is not a big deal. Annoying, yes :))), but doable.

Just a thought...

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know restoring will lose my JB. I am asking if iCloud may also work on my JBed device. I may have to restore using icloud.

Also about my device getting bricked by using iNerds.That scared the hell out of me when you said that.

Which I answered already by saying that iCloud only backs up stock non-media data, meaning anything jailbreak related is not carried over.

When using utilities outside of trusted or official sources/channels, assume that there is a high risk of device issues. You never know whether or not the utility is safe or if it's been tampered with.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which I answered already by saying that iCloud only backs up stock non-media data, meaning anything jailbreak related is not carried over. When using utilities outside of trusted or official sources/channels, assume that there is a high risk of device issues. You never know whether or not the utility is safe or if it's been tampered with.

Right now I am staying away from JB. I never had so much problems with JBing. This problem is the 10th I had.

Anyways JBing was awesome. But I guess thats enough for me right now. Anyways I tried Jbing again and it worked. But restored again to lose my JB. Anyways thanks guys for your help.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless your purposefully mess around with the system files while not having any knowledge of the changes and their outcomes, then you'll definitely see issues with your jailbroken device. That and piracy.

Most reactions

Latest posts