What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I expand gmail window to fill my iPad?

balootex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm brand new to iPad... every web page or app that I've opened has automatically expanded to fill the iPad. But, gmail leaves open space on all 4 sides. I actually have to scroll from side to side in order to read an email. It's a bit frustrating.

Any ideas how to get gmail to open to full screen?
Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried double-tapping on the e-mail? Usually, that is enough to make the text fit the view (whether it's to decrease the text or increase it.

You also can use a pinching motion with your fingers on the screen to make the text smaller.

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It does sound a little like an iPhone only app appears on an iPad. What app are you using to access your gmail?
That should still put all of the text of the email within the small iPhone-like window. It sounds to me like a pinch-to-zoom out issue.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That should still put all of the text of the email within the small iPhone-like window. It sounds to me like a pinch-to-zoom out issue.

That does not really explain empty space on all four sides. As far as I now, no apps create a partial window with space around it. Maybe I'm reading too much into the OPs language.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That does not really explain empty space on all four sides. As far as I now, no apps create a partial window with space around it. Maybe I'm reading too much into the OPs language.
You have a point, and I could be misunderstanding the OP myself.

@balootex Can you post a screenshot? It may help someone diagnose the issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts