What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get a Gmail Account on my iPad /

Pino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opened up Settings on my iPad, then went to Mail...Contacts, then brought up Add Account which showed iCloud, GMail etc. I entered my name and a password thinking that I was creating a new account. but i kept getting a reply stating that my user name and/or password was incorrect. So I guess that it meant that I should already have a Gmail address. Can anyone tell me how I go about getting a Gmail address to use on my iPad. Thanks Pino

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I opened up Settings on my iPad, then went to Mail...Contacts, then brought up Add Account which showed iCloud, GMail etc. I entered my name and a password thinking that I was creating a new account. but i kept getting a reply stating that my user name and/or password was incorrect. So I guess that it meant that I should already have a Gmail address. Can anyone tell me how I go about getting a Gmail address to use on my iPad. Thanks Pino

Hi Pino-you will need to go to the actual gmail website to create an email address first... Then, you can add your username and password into your iPad.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings,
I believe you first have to set up a gmail account. You can do that in Safari by going to google.com on your iPad. Create a gmail account and then set it up under the email application.
Fid

Most reactions