What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I delete an icon from the screen?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Nozaed said:
You can do this by logging on to iTunes and select or highlight the icon and then right click the mouse. Here you have the option to delete. Enjoy your new ipad2 it is great.

That doesn't work for the inbuilt apps that the op specifically wants to delete, as has been said you need to jailbreak to do it.

poochi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hold the home button, when it jiggle just touch "x" to delete it or do it on itunes

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
poochi said:
hold the home button, when it jiggle just touch "x" to delete it

That way doesn't even work for apps you can delete!!! As has been said previously the op was looking for a way to delete the in built apps and as has been stated you need to jailbreak.

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am curious if there is a way to delete app updates that I do not want or need. Also I get updates for apps that I thought I had deleted, even from iTunes. I have about 12 updates right now on my icon that I do not need or want and I just want them to go away. Am I stuck with them forever? Thanks for any info!

bluvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just try to hold the apps icon and delete it from ipad. Then sync with itunes and there you go..

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluvision said:
Just try to hold the apps icon and delete it from ipad. Then sync with itunes and there you go..

If this was about my question, I am not looking to delete the icon, just some of the updates within it. Some I don't need and some I just don't want.

Thanks

bluvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cosmo113 said:
If this was about my question, I am not looking to delete the icon, just some of the updates within it. Some I don't need and some I just don't want.

Thanks

I have done it and updates of that apps are no longer exists.

Cosmo113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bluvision said:
I have done it and updates of that apps are no longer exists.

Okay. I think I have had some success, but now there are updates for things I do not want ( but I still want the app) Like game center integration, or ipad2 updates which I have the first edition. Can I delete individual unwanted updates without updating them? We are very limited in allowed broadband and I do not want to waste it on these unnecessary updates.
Thanks for your help.

CC183

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New user...one week today with my first IPad. Trying to remove an icon. I press and hold and it wiggles but no red X in the upper left hand corner. It did when it was first new a few days ago. I also tried the reset method with no luck. How can I get the little red "x" back in the corner?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New user...one week today with my first IPad. Trying to remove an icon. I press and hold and it wiggles but no red X in the upper left hand corner. It did when it was first new a few days ago. I also tried the reset method with no luck. How can I get the little red "x" back in the corner?

Thanks

Do none of your icons have an "x" in the corner, or only some?

If none of them have an "x" when they wiggle then restrictions have been turned on in Settings > General > Restrictions to prevent you deleting apps.
If only some do not have an "x" then this is normal. You cannot delete the in-built apps from the device. You can only delete apps you have installed from the App Store.

CC183

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was exactly what happened. Thank you very much. I have a steep learning curve.

Cc183

Most reactions

Latest posts