What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icon placement question

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might be dumb but here we go anyways. Can I arrange the icons on my home screen any way I like? I have an image of the Batman symbol in the center of the screen and the icons in row 2 obscure it. Was wondering if there is a way to put the second row at the bottom of the screen? Or do I have to move them to page 2 or just deal wit it? Thanks!!!

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn't a way to have a blank row on any of your screens. Not from the factory anyways. There may be a jailbreak app that's let you do it though.

Major Eazy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This might be dumb but here we go anyways. Can I arrange the icons on my home screen any way I like? I have an image of the Batman symbol in the center of the screen and the icons in row 2 obscure it. Was wondering if there is a way to put the second row at the bottom of the screen? Or do I have to move them to page 2 or just deal wit it? Thanks!!!

No, that is not a dumb question or idea. I like what you say and I can understand how you feel. I have a wallpaper of a close up view of a tiger's face, and some of the icons cover up the tiger's eyes.

Sadly it can't be done on iPad, not as far as I know, ever if it could be done on Windows (well Windows 98 do) where you can disable the auto line-up so you can place your icons all around the screen, leaving your wallpaper viewable, it can't be done on the iPad.

But here is a suggestion...

You could always put your Batman logo on the lock screen so everytime you start up your iPad, you see the Batman logo before you slide to unlock. There are no icons getting in the way of the lock screen unless you use the passcode.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several app for jailbroken ipads that allow you to put your icons anywhere you want. That's only one of the many reasons people jailbreak their idevices.

Most reactions