What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can i get my ipad2 fixed?

Zcgofaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb wifi ipad2 which I bought from walmart on release day and somehow I got a pretty deep inch long scratch on my screen. It's deep enough that I can actually feel it under my finger in use and is clearly visible. This thing is an eye sore and bugs me constantly. I don't have apple care or even walmart's extended warranty. How can I get this fixed or replaced at low or no cost?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 16gb wifi ipad2 which I bought from walmart on release day and somehow I got a pretty deep inch long scratch on my screen. It's deep enough that I can actually feel it under my finger in use and is clearly visible. This thing is an eye sore and bugs me constantly. I don't have apple care or even walmart's extended warranty. How can I get this fixed or replaced at low or no cost?

Apple have a generous, unofficial (they are under no obligation) once-only policy of replacing damaged iPads. Take it to your Apple Store and be polite and humble and explain as best you can what happened. Our Members report that they will offer you a replacement. Back up your old iPad first and check they have one is stock before handing over your old iPad.

Tim

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try putting on a Ghost Armour/Zagg screen protector, it should hide the scratch, if that doesnt work than maybe do what Tims suggests and take it back to the store and be kind to em and maybe ull get lucky.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Tim say's, Apple will almost alway's replace (it's not a gimme) just be nice, humble and polite. It works! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts