What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home sharing

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Thanks for the confirmation, its so frustrating being at work with no ipad to help answer queries like this.

OP
D

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had any hair I would be pulling it out. Maybe Apple don't want music lovers to buy pods&pads with minimum GB's.

OP
D

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Thanks for the confirmation, its so frustrating being at work with no ipad to help answer queries like this.

Still not solved home sharing prob. Gabriel1 is on the case even though he is not too well.

Gruffy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you entered your apple id in the ipad settings on your ipad? Had the same as you until I entered the info here.
/Stefan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I'm scratching my head so hard over this one that my hair has fallen out!

Just to check, can you confirm you did the following steps, especially the last one?

Install the Bonjour. Then go to preferences in Itunes. Make sure you click on Shared Library. Then go to sharing tab and share library. After saving, close itunes and reopen.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I may be way off here but I assume you have gone into settings - iPod - turn on home sharing with apple ID and password. I forgot this step but sorry if this was already done.. I'm a girl!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

OP
D

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Ok, I'm scratching my head so hard over this one that my hair has fallen out!

Just to check, can you confirm you did the following steps, especially the last one?

Install the Bonjour. Then go to preferences in Itunes. Make sure you click on Shared Library. Then go to sharing tab and share library. After saving, close itunes and reopen.

The Archangel

Been there. No option of shared library! Can have all or select. Heading back to PC to double check.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, what iOS version are you on? There should be a place Settings > iPod for you to enter your Apple ID and password.

Check your iOS version under Settings > General > About. I don't remember what version included Home Sharing, but 4.3 or later should definitely have it.

OP
D

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, Hayles........done that bit. Maybe it's the cider and not the fact that you are of the fairer sex :)

OP
D

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the man is back (they say you are King of iTunes!). Got 4.3 and seen the video.

OP
D

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mikel, there is def. something missing on my iPad & iPod if iTunes have got it right - i do not get the chance the even view shared music etc on the devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
drover said:
there must be some that is not enabled.

Yes, probably, but I've read over the rest of the thread and I can't think of anything that has been missed.

The goal now is to figure out why the Home Sharing account settings are not showing up in Settings > iPad. Do you have any Restrictions set? I don't think that would make a deference, but at this point anything is worth a try.

Most reactions

Latest posts