What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home screens keep disappearing

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A few days ago, 3 of my 4 home screens just disappeared. I still saw the first screen and the App Library, but nothing else. I tried long-pressing on the screen, then pressing the two dots, but only the first Home Screen showed.

Yesterday, with no action on my part, all 4 screens appeared again. This morning, the last 3 screens have once again disappeared.

What the heck is going on? Any ideas on how to fix this?
For what it’s worth, I turned off Stage Manager before this started to happen.

iPad Pro 12.9 (6th gen), iPadOS 16.3.1

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Durn site ate my long post, so you're spared many a word. Short of it:

Sounds like you've doen the right things, but I'll leave the Apple Support article at the bottom just in case.

If you have not done so recently, power the iPad down and restart. This cures many a weird glitch.

Check your free storage/memory. If it is supper low it might cause some issues. Shouldn't, but not impossible.

If it persists, consider making an appointment at an Apple Store, if one is near enought to make it worth the effort. Diagnostics are free.

OP
B

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally figured out what is happening. It is the Focus tool that is causing them to disappear. In Settings > Focus > Customize Screens you can check/uncheck each screen to reveal/hide it.
IMG_5862.png

IMG_5863.png

Most reactions

Latest posts