What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem taking screen shot pressing both HOME and ON/OFF buttons at same time iPad3

gammoneer2b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2. My mom (73 years old) has an iPad3 and she is thousand miles away so I can't see what see is doing or try to help her. I asked her to take a screen shot of her iPad3. She is having a problem with taking screen shot pressing both HOME and ON/OFF buttons at same time after about 3 dozen tries or more. Supposedly SIRI talks to her everytime and says "What can I help you with?" or something like that.......
I am not familiar with iPad 3 and SIRI. What is she doing wrong...... or me for that matter?
I would like her to email me her screen shot but can't seem to take picture. Is there something I am telling her wrong .......or is it a timing thing with her pushing the buttons?
What other ways are there to take a screen shot of her home page etc?
I appreciate any help anyone can give and Thanks!

This is my first day on this site and seems to be very excellent people, help and information here!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2. My mom (73 years old) has an iPad3 and she is thousand miles away so I can't see what see is doing or try to help her. I asked her to take a screen shot of her iPad3. She is having a problem with taking screen shot pressing both HOME and ON/OFF buttons at same time after about 3 dozen tries or more. Supposedly SIRI talks to her everytime and says "What can I help you with?" or something like that.......
I am not familiar with iPad 3 and SIRI. What is she doing wrong...... or me for that matter?
I would like her to email me her screen shot but can't seem to take picture. Is there something I am telling her wrong .......or is it a timing thing with her pushing the buttons?
What other ways are there to take a screen shot of her home page etc?
I appreciate any help anyone can give and Thanks!

This is my first day on this site and seems to be very excellent people, help and information here!

Hi, welcome to iPF!

To make screenshots, you can also use Assistive Touch.
Enable it in Settings - General - Accessibility - Physical & Motor - Assistive Touch.
As soon as you've done that, a button will appear in one of your iPad's corners. Tap it to reveal this:

image-3849913682.jpg

Tap Device

image-925276836.jpg

Now choose More

image-290361091.jpg

Take your screenshot

Last edited:
OP
G

gammoneer2b

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW That is amazing what you provided us with this information J.A. ........Thank you so much and yes it works.....Thank you Thank you Thank you!
I love this site and its people! Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WOW That is amazing what you provided us with this information J.A. ........Thank you so much and yes it works.....Thank you Thank you Thank you!
I love this site and its people! Thanks

My pleasure!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another thought.

Timing is important, but so is sequence. It sounds like your mom is pressing the home button first, and taking a bit too long to press the power button. Have her try it the other way around, press-hold the power button and then the home button after. The iPad is much less time sensitive this way.

Most reactions