What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holes in PDFs

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost every time I open a PDF in Safari the top half of page 4 is missing. Everything else is fine.
If I open the same file in GoodReader it is displayed in it's entirety.
Is this a known issue with Safari and is there a fix/workaround.
I haven't upgraded to the latest iOS yet, am still one version back.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost every time I open a PDF in Safari the top half of page 4 is missing. Everything else is fine.
If I open the same file in GoodReader it is displayed in it's entirety.
Is this a known issue with Safari and is there a fix/workaround.
I haven't upgraded to the latest iOS yet, am still one version back.

I certainly haven't experienced this - and I'm on iOS 4.2. Does it also open OK in iBooks? Trying powering the iPad right down - rather than simply putting it to sleep - and then switching on again and see if that helps. Also, try closing the Safari app by double-tapping the Home key to open the multi-task bar, pressing on any icon for a while until they start to jiggle, then closing Safari by touching the 'X' in the top-left hand corner of the Safari icon (this only closes the app, it doesn't delete it). Then return to the Home screen by touching the Home button again, and fire up Safari and see if the problem persists.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts