What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiding posts in facebook

flamenco45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I hide posts on my Facebook news feed from the iPad? I have to keep going to my laptop to do it and it's a pain. Is there a way?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just go to Facebook in safari browser? I never use the app...waste of time....

OP
F

flamenco45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done that - gone to Facebook via safari browser but the problem remains - posts I want to delete don't show the little down arrow with the options to hide post etc that I see on the laptop. Is it possible from iPad?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love how this is the first thread I see, I was literally just wondering how to do it. I'm on vacation, and im tired of this one person who posts a good 50+ statuses a day, and I would wish to unsubscribe from their feed, but I can't seem to do it from either the app or safari. If anyone finds a way to do this from the iPad please feel free to share it!

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure in your settings for Facebook you can block post from particular people, you may have to do it on the pc first but it will save you a lot of headaches.

OP
F

flamenco45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - I can do it from my laptop but wanted to know how to block those annoying posts from my iPad. Otherwise they just stare at me, in a slightly smug way. Erghh...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you go to the m.facebook.com site in Safari some types of story/posts can be hidden. I'm not sure what the criteria is, but Shared stories from friends and pages you subscribe to are not hide-able.

Tap on the Like/Comments bar at the bottom of the story. The story and comments will no take up the entire page. If there is a circle/arrow icon at the right top, tap it for a Hide option. If it is not there, you can't hide the story.

One of the third party FaceBook apps might be able to Hide. I don't know.

yous84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
flamenco45 said:
How do I hide posts on my Facebook news feed from the iPad? I have to keep going to my laptop to do it and it's a pain. Is there a way?

You can do it through the privacy but it easier by PC

Julieclt09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the friend's page. Tap on Friend on top right. From the options listed, select show newsfeed. The setting for show newsfeed will get disabled for that person. That's it!

Most reactions

Latest posts