What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sequencing and nothing but sequencing!

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for a bare bones multitrack MIDI recording app - Free would be nice but I'll pay if it's compelling enough...
This is used for simple songwriting and music production.

All I want is -
* Record one MIDI channel/track at a time in real time - as many as you want - or at least 8 track/channels with bounce/merge capability.
* Playback on multiple assignable MIDI channels
* "Patch Through" - so for instance - input keyboard transmits on CH1, and I want to play/record/patch through to a sound on CH2 on another MIDI Instrument.

* Editing of things list CC info, program change, quantize etc. is nice

I bought one of the very first software MIDI sequencers ever made (5.25" Floppies and 4 tracks! lol) and used it on an Apple IIe in the early 80s. I've owned MOTU Performer ever since it was v1.0!
But all I'm asking for is back to basics on the iPad hopefully.
MIDI, not audio - audio as an extra is OK.

Not pattern based sequencing, step sequencing, beats, loops, samples, chunks, blobs or any of that other silliness.

No proprietary hardware required - Record and playback MIDI via a camera kit connection + MIDI/USB cable

Record MIDI IN
Assign channels/patch change out and Playback MIDI OUT

Simple?

Last edited:

stkeys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked out Cubasis for Ipad ? It looks like it should do what you want but it's a bit pricey compared to other music apps.

Most reactions