Hi all, newbie here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by bbdowns, Sep 22, 2017.

1. bbdowns

bbdowns
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So I just bought an iPad4 from Amazon and the first thing I notice is that I can't get Siri activated (it may not even be on the iPad) and also I see no mention of retinal logon. Have I been ripped off? Any ideas?

ps - o/s version 9.3.1

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Siri is on the iPad 4. What do you mean by retinal logon? Does the iPad have the newer lightning port for charging? If it has the older 30 pin dock connector, it's not an iPad 4.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    We need to know exactly what your bought - information is on the lower back of the iPad (in small print) or go to General -> About to retrieve your Model or Serial Number information (first pic from my iPad Air 2), then visit EveryMac Lookup (second pic) - enter one of those items and all you want to know about your Pad will be revealed - then let us know. Dave :)

P.S. blank out my serial number.
    IMG_0236.PNG Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 11.37.42 PM.png

4. bbdowns

bbdowns
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So I just ran the serial num thru the website you suggested, and it appears I received an iPad2 instead of an iPad4. False advertising on Amazon. I suppose that explains why there is no Siri nor retina face recog. Thank you for your help

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Report it to Amazon support. They should make it right. Or at least try to. If you bought it from a third party seller, then it may take bit more; but at least Amazon will have the report of bad faith, and hopefully penalize the seller.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. bbdowns

bbdowns
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks again everyone, btw, when a seller states the iPad is 4th generation are they referring to the model (iPad4) or just the o/s?

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If they’re advertising a 4th generation iPad it’s universally known that it refers to the model not the operating system.

If getting the seller to voluntarily give you a full refund if you return the iPad doesn’t work, you could try to force a refund if you paid by credit card or PayPal. If you used your credit card, contact the card issuer and tell them you want to do a chargeback because you were not shipped what was described in the listing. If you used PayPal, initiate an item not as described dispute. If PayPal decides in your favour, they’ll give you a refund and go after the seller. If PayPal or your credit card company require returning the iPad before you get your refund, use signature on delivery so you can prove the seller has the returned iPad

#7 scifan57, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. bbdowns

bbdowns
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks very much for your assistance Scifan57. It pisses me off that people lie about the product just to sell it!

9. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I hope you manage to get a refund.

10. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Boy, that's a bummer - I started out w/ an iPad 2 in 2011, replaced 3 years ago w/ an iPad Air 2 - and probably will get a new one being another 3rd year anniversary - appears that TP & SciFan.. have 'chimed in' w/ a lot of great advice - please keep us informed and good luck - Dave :)