What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do all trial versions rip you off with upgrade?

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newbie and wondering if all the so called free trial version apps rip you off like Namco does with it's TimeCrisis 2nd Strike . If you order the full version on App store it's two dollars cheaper than if you click on the offer to upgrade in the bogus free app. I noticed my App store receipt explicitly noted this was an "in app purchase" unlike the receipts for the other games I bought. So does only Namco rip you off or does RIo or other game companies all do this ?

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
charm said:
I'm a newbie and wondering if all the so called free trial version apps rip you off like Namco does with it's TimeCrisis 2nd Strike . If you order the full version on App store it's two dollars cheaper than if you click on the offer to upgrade in the bogus free app. I noticed my App store receipt explicitly noted this was an "in app purchase" unlike the receipts for the other games I bought. So does only Namco rip you off or does RIo or other game companies all do this ?

This is how free versions run, they rely on iAD's. But either way they cut a hole in ur jeans pocket

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Rip off? I see no rip off. Where you looking?

Namco offer the game mentioned in both full iPhone and trail HD versions. The in app full HD version will obviously cost more than the iPhone version.

Besides, just because you're unhappy with 1 trail version (which you've misunderstood) don't get the impression all Lites are like this. Chill out and lay back a bit. You sound most pent up. And literarily a few bucks is hardly a rip off whatever.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Apple will always give you a refund if you're not happy. Just call the Apple Support line with the transaction reference number and tell them the problem and they'll refund the purchase price as a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim

OP
C

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim
Thank you. As for the other comments, there was no I phone anywhere. The exact same Namco app sells for two dollars less at the app store directly . Free has a meaning which does not include charging two dollars more I will let the forum know if the App store understands this

OP
C

charm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The App store person cleared it up. Thanks again Tim. I will be sure to just download full versions directly in the future instead of doing an in app upgrade. Reminds me of all the phone calls about free cruises Great forum and very helpful

AWelbourn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Erm, Trial does not equal a full free game, it gives you a trial.

If the price is different in the appstore than the upgrade that is something you should probably just keep an eye out for.

Most reactions

Latest posts