What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help

Jojones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't log onto Facebook through my settings to share pics on Facebook. It says to enter my password and when I do it says cannot connect to server, though I am connected. What do I do?

Rick9948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't log onto Facebook through my settings to share pics on Facebook. It says to enter my password and when I do it says cannot connect to server, though I am connected. What do I do?
After much effort, I finally gave up and 'reset' settings and content. Problem solved, but it took a while to recover my apps. Made sure document contents were shared on my iPhone so I didn't loose it. This appears to be a problem confronting many people according to various entries on google. Could not pin point the problem, Apple or Facebook.

Gerda33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any other way to fix the problem Jojones described? I can log in just fine if I disallow Facebook access to in settings > privacy > Facebook , but I do want to allow some of my games access to Facebook, and I just can't figure out what to do to fix this. Please help! (I'm hoping to avoid the reset that Rick mentioned.)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any other way to fix the problem Jojones described? I can log in just fine if I disallow Facebook access to in settings > privacy > Facebook , but I do want to allow some of my games access to Facebook, and I just can't figure out what to do to fix this. Please help! (I'm hoping to avoid the reset that Rick mentioned.)

Some game apps, like Candy Crush, will allow you to log out of Facebook right on the app itself and not in the iPad settings. I just verified this by accessing iPad settings/Privacy/Facebook to see if Candy Crush was included in the list. It is not. It's only on the Candy Crush that I can change this setting to log out of FB. Does that make sense?

Gerda33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some game apps, like Candy Crush, will allow you to log out of Facebook right on the app itself and not in the iPad settings. I just verified this by accessing iPad settings/Privacy/Facebook to see if Candy Crush was included in the list. It is not. It's only on the Candy Crush that I can change this setting to log out of FB. Does that make sense?

Right... Candy Crush is working just fine for me, despite the FB login problem. So is Hayday. But I can't connect to Facebook with Covet or Uno, because they apparently use the settings connection, which is broken since the last iOS update.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right... Candy Crush is working just fine for me, despite the FB login problem. So is Hayday. But I can't connect to Facebook with Covet or Uno, because they apparently use the settings connection, which is broken since the last iOS update.

I haven't heard about this setting being "broken" since the last update.

I just downloaded the free version of Uno and logged in using my FB account. I then went into my iPad settings to confirm that the Uno app was listed under the FB Privacy for access. It was.

Have you tried to toggle the switch on/off on either game?

Have you tried to force close out the apps and see if it will connect?

Have you tried to Restart your iPad to see if that may help?

A little bit more info of what you have done will help.

Gerda33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't heard about this setting being "broken" since the last update.

I just downloaded the free version of Uno and logged in using my FB account. I then went into my iPad settings to confirm that the Uno app was listed under the FB Privacy for access. It was.

Have you tried to toggle the switch on/off on either game?

Have you tried to force close out the apps and see if it will connect?

Have you tried to Restart your iPad to see if that may help?

A little bit more info of what you have done will help.

Yes, I've tried toggling the on/off switches. I've force closed the apps. I've restarted the iPad. I've deleted FB and reinstalled it. Nothing has helped so far.

Gerda33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the Facebook.com forum Nicole Durand Weeks said the following about a month ago:
I was on the phone with Apple Support last night regarding some other device issues I had to handle. I brought this up at the end, and the support person working with me had me hold while he researched a bit. He learned that both Apple and FB are indeed aware of the issues, and it is being worked on. It does seem to be specific to ipad, and not necessarily an issue on phones. I have tried several fixes mentioned online, short of restoring my iPad. He told me not to bother and that I should just continue to use a web browser for now. At least we have confirmation from multiple people that they are working on it.

Gerda33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems a reset to factory settings is the only solution that has worked for others so far. It's something to do with old email addresses (I've had mine for at least 25 years), that's why only some are affected, and not others. To anyone reading this I would advise making a backup first, but when you restore the iPad you need to set it up as a new iPad. Restoring from backup will restore the problem as well.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts