What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with my Ipad and 3G

Katie7075

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there everybody. I hope you are all well. I am wondering if anybody here can help me with a problem that I have on my Ipad. It is the Ipad 2 and it is WIFI only. I have been told that I can share the 3G on my Iphone with my Ipad. Well I have tried to do this but it just will not work. my Ipad appears to be trying to share any WiFi signal that my iphone might pick up but when it comes down to the 3G it does not appear to work.

can anybody help me please?

Many thanks in advance

Katie

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you need to do is use your phone as a "wifi hotspot". Depending on if your phone can be a hotspot. It uses the phone's 3G to access the Internet, then creates a wifi signal that your iPad can use (it will be charged to your phone's data plan). Try googling "use (your phone type) as wifi hotspot" , to see how.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Katie7075 said:
Hi there everybody. I hope you are all well. I am wondering if anybody here can help me with a problem that I have on my Ipad. It is the Ipad 2 and it is WIFI only. I have been told that I can share the 3G on my Iphone with my Ipad. Well I have tried to do this but it just will not work. my Ipad appears to be trying to share any WiFi signal that my iphone might pick up but when it comes down to the 3G it does not appear to work.

can anybody help me please?

Many thanks in advance

Katie

As Jeeper has said you can set up your phone as a wifi hotspot - Settings - personal hotspot you need to contact your telco though as there are usually charges involved with this depending on your carrier.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The very first thing people need to know before they can start giving sensible advice is what model iPhone do you have? If for example it's a iPhone 3G then you cannot use it as a wifi hotspot.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The very first thing people need to know before they can start giving sensible advice is what model iPhone do you have? If for example it's a iPhone 3G then you cannot use it as a wifi hotspot.

Excellent point. I believe the 3GS is the oldest iPhone model that can be used as a hotspot. (And wouldn't it be great if Apple didn't use the same designation for their phones as carriers use for designation of various generations of networks, i.e. 3G.) And while we're at it, no, you cannot get 4G speeds with an iPhone 4 or 4S.

Most reactions

Latest posts