What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you regret not getting 3G?

pittsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NO regrets at all. AT&T service is the worst. I have a Droid on Verizon and its rooted so I can use wireless tether for free and it connect whenever I want and always works. I can also connect other devices to my phone and its FREE! Love having a rooted droid

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. I have wifi only, as my web surfing takes place at home. For on the fly look up of information, my iPhone fits the bill. I'm not about to pay for two data plans either, especially for one that has limitations. My iPhone is a grandfathered plan so I am not locked to a limit. I use some 3G data on a daily basis, but I don't go over the top either. But I still like that it's unlimited.

Chipmunk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We originally bought the Wifi-only version, but exchanged it for the Wifi/3G version because we're using the iPad as a cheap alternative to GPS on our boat! :)

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use WMWiFiRouter to tether to my Windows Mobile phone. That way I can use my existing data plan instead of paying for another one. I can't see why anyone would want to pay for second data plan just for the iPad.

Tomo1971

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RAC said:
I use WMWiFiRouter to tether to my Windows Mobile phone. That way I can use my existing data plan instead of paying for another one. I can't see why anyone would want to pay for second data plan just for the iPad.

That's why I didn't buy the 3G, already have a data plan in a mifi, so use that for all my devices.

Steve

Most reactions