What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad keeps using 3G instead of WiFi

hotu matua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally, if I select a WiFi network, mi iPad connects to it and not to 3G.
Sometimes, however, it does not seem to do so.
For example, right now as I write, I am sitting next to my home's WiFi modem, which is readily recognized and shows up in "Settings" as having a strong signal. I keep selecting my WiFi network, the tick or check symbol appears next to it as if the iPad had acknowledged I selected it, but the 3G legend persists in the upper left corner of the screen.
This happens from time to time and I don't k ow what to do.
It also happened once in an airport at another city
It was a source of concern because I didn't want to be charged for roaming, when there was a strong WiFi signal available at the place.
Your advice is appreciated.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Delete the WiFi connection, then set it up again. This has worked for me and many others. Also a reboot sometimes helps.

chesterhound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar situation. Now I leave the cellular data setting off unless I need it because I unintentionally exceeded my 250MB limit.

chesterhound

Most reactions

Latest posts