What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Bluetooth Connection please.

TooLowToZero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have a iPad 4 & iPhone 5. I am unable to pair both together for some reason! Both have Bluetooth switched on and both searching, but won't find each other. They are searching but never find each unit, even side by side? Am I missing something? I have downloaded an App to transfer pictures and would like to get it working. Both search for ever, with no luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I have a iPad 4 & iPhone 5. I am unable to pair both together for some reason! Both have Bluetooth switched on and both searching, but won't find each other. They are searching but never find each unit, even side by side? Am I missing something? I have downloaded an App to transfer pictures and would like to get it working. Both search for ever, with no luck.

Yeah, I have the same problem pairing an iPhone 4S and an iPad 3. Sorry I can't help, but am mighty interested in any answers you get.

D

Deleted member 247820

Do they have "allow" to be found option set to on?

Bluetooth is just about the most unreliable data transfer method yet devised.
Always a case of suck it and see!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi TooLow.... - I have an iPad 2 (and no iPhone) - I use BT (Bluetooth) for 3 purposes: 1) Wireless keyboard (Apple model); 2) Wireless headphones (Rockfish); and 3) Boston Acoustics soundbar (i.e. speakers) - NOW, BT can be used for establishing a 'wireless hotspot' using 'tethering' (check HERE) w/ a cellular plan; BUT, to transfer files between devices, I'm not sure that is an option? NOW, I could be wrong (and discussing a 'native' iPad, i.e. not one that is JBed) - you might want to provide some more information on exactly 'what' you want to do? :)

OP
T

TooLowToZero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your replies. My intentions were to transfer photos between my iPhone 5 and iPad 4. I have downloaded an app to exchange photos and it works via Bluetooth connection, but it does not show in Bluetooth settings! But it works. Is this Apple stopping it working between units so I cannot exchange music?

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are using Photo Transfer App, have you followed directions exactly? You have to reset your privacy settings, you have to set both to bluetooth, both devices have to be running the app and you have to select the photos, make sure you have clicked on send on one, receive in other--not sure I've covered all, but just be sure you follow directions in the app exactly.

I just successfully and easily paired an Ipad 3 to an Iphone 4s and sent photos. You do NOT pair them as you do other devices. You must do all of it through the app. You can also use wifi but I used BT this time (usually use wifi to my Win PC).

I use BT all the time with a Creation D100 BT speaker, a Logitech UE BT speaker, an Apple BT keyboard and a Logitech Ultrathin BT keyboard cover. I paired easily with all of these. I did NOT pair traditionally in settings to transfer however. Try again with the app and follow instructions carefully and I expect you to have success as I did. Good luck.

Diane

Last edited:

Mobilearts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 1, iPad mini and iPod touch 4gen. PhotoShare is on all of them. I sent and receive photos between all of these devices. You must have the app running on the devices you are transferring between, and Bluetooth on. If you have not used Settings to turn on Bluetooth the app will ask to do it for you. Touch the connect button (big green button) on the two devices, the app will search for the other device and will ask if you want to connect. Say ok. You will now see a big red SEND button, touch it, select your photos, select ok or done and you should see a progress chart and hear a click when the image has arrived. I use the free version, the developer advertises a paid version which they say lets you select multiple images to transfer.

Most reactions

Latest posts