What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a custom App

scrichens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Im hoping someone might point me in the right direction for an app i'm hoping to find, i want an app so an ipad can be used on a stand at exhibition to demonstrate the mechanical clocks i sell, because all the clocks are behind glass i want to have an ipad on the stand with pictures of all the clocks which once pressed on will come up with a video showing the potential customers the clock in action. It will also need to be tamper proof so it always stays on that app. Does anyone know of anything currently on the market or will a custom app need to be written?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder whether this is something that could be done in PowerPoint and then used on the iPad? For example, as you probably know, it's easy to embed videos into a PowerPoint presentation and to have a PowerPoint presentation play a series of slides automatically.

You're probably aware too that the iPad can open PowerPoint presentations and those embedded will play fine too as far as I know. I use the Apple 'Keynote' app, which is PowerPoint compatible, to project lectures that I have written and some of these have embedded videos that play just fine.

I can see what you are trying to do here, so let me experiment with my PowerPoint presentation a little and see if I can get closer to what you're trying to achieve.

I'm sure other Forum members, with a lot more experience than I have, will almost certainly come up with some better ideas.

I suspect that getting someone to write a custom app would prove to be an expensive and possibly frustrating experience. If the PowerPoint/Keynote approach gives you 80% of what you're trying to achieve, you might be better off going that route than waiting for 'perfection'.

Oh - yes - welcome to the Forum!!! Your mechanical clocks sound fascinating.

I'll be back with more information soon

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts