What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horizontal Apps

larla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have gotten spoiled with my case providing a tilt stand in horizontal mode. So spoiled that I really want to stay horizontal all the time. I really think the app store should say if an app is vertical-only. Is there some way to find out this information?

Thanks

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don’t believe there are apps’ which are specific to one orientation or the other. This would negate the utility of the iPad’s feature set. Now, I’m not a gamer though I’m pretty sure most of those are better served horizontal.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make a suggestion to Apple that they request this on the App submission form. That's a great idea.

-t

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More to say...

Perhaps you may simply want to lock the screen orientation to horizontal. See the iPad2 User's Guide. If you're lazy...
Double tap the Home Button, which brings up the task switcher, and then scroll to the right. Position the iPad2 to horizontal; press the button (circular arrow) and its locked.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A vertical only application will not honor the rotation lock either... It simply was not programmed to work horizontally, period.

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts