What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

order management on iPad ?

roelofvk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm an independent sales agent selling children's fashion to stores around the country. I would like to do the following :

- maintain a list of my customers (not so hard to do)
- link todo items for customers to my agenda (easy to do)
- maintain a list of fashion items I sell with pictures
and lastlly of course:
- I want to take sales order for my customers ordering articles from my portfolio, the order should formatted and email to the customer straight away.

Which app(s) can do all this? Preferrably an 'integrated solution'.
This SEEMS basic stuff, I do not need a lot of extra functionality.

Can Bento do this all-in-one? Or shoudl I build something with Handbase? Or .....

Suggestions ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Bento could probably do this for you, but unless you are going to run it on both an iMac and iPad you're going to be disappointed. The iPad version is ok for quick lookup of a record, and for entry of new records. To be able to get overviews and more sophisticated form control you have to use it on the iMac.

Also, Bento on the iPad is kind of slow to display large pictures from the database. It would handle smaller pictures to identify products well enough, but if you wanted to show off something in all it's zoomable glory you'd want to use another app. Even Photo would be better.

There are several POS, Inventory, Invoice, and other sales related apps in the store. I don't use any so I won't make recommendations.

Instead go ahead and go to the iTunes store and do a search for POS. That will give you a list of several apps to investigate.

I doubt any of them will include the ability to show good pictures of your merchandise, but there are a multitude of other ways to do that.

Alex_Milo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently we've developed the order management application for iPad: 4ASoft Shop Go and already have client in the same industry as you. We will happy to make a presentaiton.

swharr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
POSLavu uses iPad as a platform to run a point of sale system. It was originally developed for restaurants but they have barcode scanning and inventory and credit card swiping. They may be able to help!

michaelelmgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@roelofvk I recommend you guys check out Handshake (search for Handshake on the App store, or Handshake app on Google). Hundreds of sales reps and companies in fashion and all sorts of other industries are using us. We're very specifically designed for the use case you mentioned above; sales reps selling on the road, at trade shows and in showrooms. Can be used both online and offline. Basically, Handshake is an app with your catalog, customers and order form for iPad and iPhone.

Most reactions