What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed to set up WD MyBook World Edition for use with IPAD

sparkd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has set up a 2TB WD Mybook World Edition, connecting this to their router and accessing it using IPAD?

I do not have a PC, laptop, MAC just the IPAD.

If so I would appreciate some step by step instructions !!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sparkd said:

I take it when you mention router that you have wifi therefore a basic network. If the WD is plugged into the router, you should be able access the preset folders using an app like GoodReader. I have a 1tb My Book World Edition and access it in this way. I cannot recall if there was any set-up required via PC though. You can assess the web interface via web browser on your iPad. It will have an ip allocated by the router you can use. The documentation should indicate the admin username and password to log-in.

Last edited:

gVes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sparkd said:
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has set up a 2TB WD Mybook World Edition, connecting this to their router and accessing it using IPAD?

You are looking for an app called "Files Connect" from AppStore. It works great if u have ifile to work with this app.

dandem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sparkd said:
Hi,

I have it setup from ipad, PC is not required.

Most reactions

Latest posts