1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Help!: BT wifi network with laptop to iPad using iPad SIM

Discussion in 'iPad FAQ' started by Cham_001, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Cham_001

Cham_001 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all, :)

Problem: I need to use my laptop so that I can send files over the internet.
    I do not have Broadband or a SIM-dongle combi/gadget/thingy for this device.

However, i do have my iPad with me with access to the internet via a self-made micro-SIM running on Brazil's TiM network very successfully!

What I need to happen is this (if at all possible):
    I want to use the iPad as perhaps a Bridge/Router because an internet connection is established and works perfectly.
    I then want to access this internet connection using my laptop so that I can send urgent files to clients in London.

At the moment I am still in Brazil. I am due to return to London in about 11 days, but I have customers that require important files critically.
    "..soon is just not good enough..."

If there is anyone out there who can shed some light, I would be very grateful.
    BTW: i have created a BlueTooth Wireless network between these 2 devices.
    :confused: