What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello !!

nind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Happy New Year to you all what a great forum ! I'm in the process of buying either a 32g or 64g Ipad. Decided I don't the wifi version.

Couple of questions, I already have a an Iphone 3 gs and the the wife has an Iphone 4 how do I go about syncing issues etc. Once I get an Ipad. It will be used on a Window OS Vista.

I'm not keen on Itunes libaray but I guess I'm stuck with it, I take it I can run the music of a NAS drive by just pointing the DIR to the nas from the Itunes software.

Is there anything else out there similar to Itunes that I can use ?

I have also read about the web browser you can download with the foloders tab is there a thread on here that explains the mods you can do. I'm not interested at the mo on 'jailbreaking' as I only wish to use it as browsing the web and running SONOS apps.

Does have apple have word doc type files and excell convertors pdf readers ?

Sorryfor the long post just wanted to make sure it meets my needs when downloading off the web.

Thanks !!!:D

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello Nind, Welcome to the Forum!

I am going to answer your questions or comments in bold and blue as quoted below:

Hi,

Happy New Year to you all what a great forum ! I'm in the process of buying either a 32g or 64g Ipad. Decided I don't the wifi version. You actually get wifi if you by a 3G version. The choice is wifi only or wifi + 3G.

Couple of questions, I already have a an Iphone 3 gs and the the wife has an Iphone 4 how do I go about syncing issues etc. Do you sync your iPhones to iTunes? You would do the same when you register your iPad you have to go to iTunes to start the process of getting your iPad operational. Once I get an Ipad. It will be used on a Window OS Vista. I don't think it matters what OS version your PC has, it is important though to get the latest version of iTunes. You might want to check that out when you launch iTunes.

I'm not keen on Itunes libaray but I guess I'm stuck with it, I take it I can run the music of a NAS drive by just pointing the DIR to the nas from the Itunes software. I am not familiar with NAS technology. But you are 'stuck' with iTunes. Unless you jailbreak your iPad. Go to the IPAD Hacking Section of this forum and you can read all about that process.

Is there anything else out there similar to Itunes that I can use? iTunes and iPad, there is no other program you can use as an alternative--unless you jailbreak it.

I have also read about the web browser you can download with the foloders tab is there a thread on here that explains the mods you can do. I'm not interested at the mo on 'jailbreaking' as I only wish to use it as browsing the web and running SONOS apps. Several forum members have Atomic browsers in lieu of Safari, there is another one that people mention but I don't recall it. You might want to search the forum for a thread on browsers. You state here that you do not want to jailbreak but previous comments would indicate that you might want to consider jail breaking your iPad. I am not urging you to do this upon acquiring your iPad. Get to know how the iPad works as designed before modifying it by jail breaking. I am not failiar with SONOS apps.

Does have apple have word doc type files and excell convertors pdf readers? The iPad version of Word and Excel is Pages and Numbers. Each costs US$9.99 to purchase. I don't know what you mean by "...convertors pdf readers..."

Sorryfor the long post just wanted to make sure it meets my needs when downloading off the web.

Thanks !!!:D

Good Luck in your informational quest to see if iPad can meet your needs. Reading about the iPad, getting into this forum and then actually going to the store and seeing one is a good process to see if you want to buy it.

Most reactions

Latest posts