Hello from Freckles, Southampton (uk)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Freckles, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Freckles

Freckles iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've only had my iPad since Sunday and haven't had a chance yet too have a good play yet. My husband doesn't get why I wanted an iPad when I already have an iPhone, but I'm really keen to use it as a home entertainment centre for browsing, reading books and playing games.

Had a few teething problems...my contacts didn't copy from my iphone (due to os4?), haven't been able to download 3.2.1 yet, iTunes says that I have connection issues. Also tried borrowing e-books from Hampshire library service but the books are adobe e-pub and drm protected and I can,t find a way of transferring to iPad (tried stanza). I've purchased a book though and have loads of new games to try out. Very excited :0)
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    My wife didn't understand why I wanted one either, but she bought one for my birthday in May anyway. My wife, I think I'll keep her!

I don't know what system your local library uses, but the one's near me use a system called OverDrive. Here is a snippet of a screen shot from their website:

[​IMG]

I am not happy about this! I wrote them a tersely worded email, but they have yet to respond. This espcially gripes my wife because she is a library manager and I spend money on books that she gets for free!

Welcome to the forum and tell your hubby he is a big poopy-head!
  3. IPad-Fan-64

IPad-Fan-64 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the site :)
  4. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hi and welcome Freckles.
    You sound like a character from one of Gene Stratton Porter's novels :)
    He's got it all wrong, his wife should be keeping him........or not ...