1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Hello from Freckles, Southampton (uk)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Freckles, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Freckles

Freckles iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've only had my iPad since Sunday and haven't had a chance yet too have a good play yet. My husband doesn't get why I wanted an iPad when I already have an iPhone, but I'm really keen to use it as a home entertainment centre for browsing, reading books and playing games.

Had a few teething problems...my contacts didn't copy from my iphone (due to os4?), haven't been able to download 3.2.1 yet, iTunes says that I have connection issues. Also tried borrowing e-books from Hampshire library service but the books are adobe e-pub and drm protected and I can,t find a way of transferring to iPad (tried stanza). I've purchased a book though and have loads of new games to try out. Very excited :0)
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    My wife didn't understand why I wanted one either, but she bought one for my birthday in May anyway. My wife, I think I'll keep her!

I don't know what system your local library uses, but the one's near me use a system called OverDrive. Here is a snippet of a screen shot from their website:

[​IMG]

I am not happy about this! I wrote them a tersely worded email, but they have yet to respond. This espcially gripes my wife because she is a library manager and I spend money on books that she gets for free!

Welcome to the forum and tell your hubby he is a big poopy-head!
  3. IPad-Fan-64

IPad-Fan-64 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the site :)
  4. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hi and welcome Freckles.
    You sound like a character from one of Gene Stratton Porter's novels :)
    He's got it all wrong, his wife should be keeping him........or not ...