HDMI not working

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Waterbabies, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Waterbabies

Waterbabies iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'm trying to connect my ipad to the TV via HDMI. There are 3 HDMI ports on my TV,. I've tried connecting the ipad to all 3 ports on th TV in turn, and changed the input on the TV to the appropriate port. None of them does anything. I am sure I have successfully done this before, and had problems getting it connected then, but succeeded eventually. Can anyone point me in the right dirction please?
    Thanks
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +948 / 0
    Hello Waterbabies - I'm assuming that you are using the Apple adapter (below left) and that you have the adapter (and power cable, as needed) attached to your iPad as shown below (right)? The black cable in the second picture is the HDMI cable going to your TV.

For me, I would do a step-wise testing of each of these components, e.g. if you have another iPad available (your own, a friends, or a visit to an Apple store), then make sure that cable is still working; also try another HDMI cable and/or try all on a different HDMI TV. Since you tried all of your HDMI slots on the TV and selected the proper source I'm assuming that your TV is OK. I'm also assuming that your docking station on the iPad is functioning properly (any problems w/ other connections?).

I would also suggest, if not already done that you 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad and try again - good luck and please post back your results - might help others! :)

Apples-HDMI-Adapter.pngaccessory-apple-digital-av-adapter.jpg
  3. Tim84

Tim84 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just a thought in case it helps - what iPad do you have? If a first gen. like myself then you'd need the iPad to actually be e.g. playing a film in order to see anything on the TV as mirroring is not supported so nothing would come up if you're just on the home screen for example... or so I think anyway.

EDIT - sorry, this post is in the iPad 2 forum, should have checked!