What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having Trouble Responding to Emails

SeasideTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two email accounts set up on my iPad mini. One is my personal account and I have no trouble with that. The other one is my work account. That's where I'm having trouble. The extension on that account is @yourentertainmentcorner.com. With that extension, I can only reply to others with the same extension. In other words, I cannot reply to anyone who isn't a member of my work group. If I try to respond to someone with a hotmail.com account, or a yahoo.com account, the email won't go through. Since I need to be able to respond to anyone who emails me at my work account, can you please tell me how to fix this asap? Thanks so much in advance!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't mind using your other account to answer, this is what you can do:

When you forward an email, tap the From email address twice. The first time, Bcc and Cc will appear. Neglect these. The second time, you can choose which email address to use to send the email.
image.jpg

Tap your personal address, write the email and send it.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

SeasideTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, Joanna. I actually cannot use my other account to respond to emails. My work address is for my media entertainment site and I must respond to emails from the various networks and show contacts using that address. It wouldn't be very professional of me to use my personal account. Plus, I am registered at various networks' press site with my work email.

Thanks for trying to help but I must get this problem remedied ASAP in the correct way.

Linda

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The symptoms you are describing sound like something that has to be done on the email server itself; or for some reason you are not authenticating for outgoing emails.

This might be your SSL settings on the iPad. Dig down into the Advanced settings for your email account. If SSL is on, turn it off, or vice versa.

If that doe snot help, then get into contact with your support people for the email account/server. They should know what settings are needed to make this work.

If they offer an email website, this could be a temporary solution. There's a good chance it will work in Safari.

Good luck.

OP
S

SeasideTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, twerppoet. I have been on a quest to correct this problem for quite some time now so the first thing I did was check and double check all the settings for my work email. Since I have no problem responding to others' emails on my laptop and my cellphone, I think it is safe to assume the settings are correct. Besides, my system administrator checked out the settings herself and said everything was ok. So I took your suggestion about checking the SSL settings on my iPad, which were on. But when I switched the setting off and tried to send an email to a hotmail address, it didn't go through. <sigh> :confused:

So, my email administrator says it's something with the iPad settings and iPad says it's a problem with the email settings. I am so freaking frustrated!

Still looking for a solution,
Linda :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Whenever you get this kind of support split things tend to go down hill. Finger pointing is so much easier than solving the problem, no matter who is to blame. As a tech, I saw way too much of this; both as a customer and as a support person.

My only other suggestions are that if you have other iPad users in company, compare notes. Or, see if you can get some sit down time with IT support, where you can both look over all sides of the issue right then and there.

I'm guessing, because you didn't say anything, that you don't have a web mail option.

One of the remote desktop apps might work, though it would be clumsy. I use Spashtop on occasion; but there are several solutions that might offer better enterprise security.

And that is about all I can do. I don't have access to enough information to suggest changes on either side of the equation. Assuming what little I know would let me understand the issue, that is.

Good luck.

OP
S

SeasideTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I do have webmail. But it's so much easier to access both my emails through Microsoft Outlook rather than wasting time opening up two different locations to read email. Unfortunately, I'm the only one with an iPad so there's no one to compare notes with.

Since our offices are on two different coasts, I can't sit down with IT support personnel. I run the Philadelphia office and my partner/webmaster, runs the L.A. office.

Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

Linda

OP
S

SeasideTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. I misspoke. I use Microsoft Outlook on my laptop only.

ditoman1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to delete and create your account, this may help...what changes did you make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts