What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email reply goes to another account

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. When I send an email from my work email, it is pop3, and the person replies the reply goes to my gmail account instead. Is there a setting somewhere equivalent to "reply-to"?

Thanks

Bob

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may think you are sending it from your work email...but the default mail account on your iPad is where it's sent from. Even if you press the reply from another account. Check settings>mail>default account.

OP
R

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but does that mean that from whatever email account I send mail from that replies will go to the default account? That seems weird. Why would they need both an incoming and outgoing mail servers if everything was going out from one server?

Bob

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically all mail is sent out of your default account. Whatever account you sent from is the email addy the other person replys to. If you want a specific outgoing server to send your mail just be sure that account is setup as default.

Most reactions

Latest posts