What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having trouble getting app I already purchased

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently have bought the iPad 4 and have been putting my old apps from my touch. I purchased an app called gravity guy on my itouch. For most apps i can just use iCloud to retrieve them but with this one and a few other i have to purchase them again. Any help?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gravity Guy HD and it's free version are iPad only apps. If these are the ones you want to download, that's the explanation.

OP
DG~X

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nah, i have gravity guy on my itouch. Can't be a iPad only app. Im having trouble getting it onto my iPad after i bought it on my touch.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.PNG
    IMG_0441.PNG
    432.6 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0147.PNG
    IMG_0147.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 281

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, i have gravity guy on my itouch. Can't be a iPad only app. Im having trouble getting it onto my iPad after i bought it on my touch.
Have you tried going to the App Store to check out your purchased list? Every app you purchased should be in that list, with the most recent at the top of the list. Your app should be there, with the cloud icon next to it. Tap on it and it should download to your iPad.

OP
DG~X

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No its not on my purchased list. This happens often when i get a new device and its very annoying purchasing it again. :(

Yeah J.A your right, the one on iPod doesn't have HD. But its the same game and same developer. I should be able to have it on my iPad for free. Seems ridiculous having to buy an iPad version and iPhone version of the same game.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Technically they're two separate apps even though the gameplay is the same. I think it's a way for the game developer to increase his revenue.

OP
DG~X

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man now that needs to be fixed. Thanks anyways guys!:) Ill be purchasing it i guess lol.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Man now that needs to be fixed. Thanks anyways guys!:) Ill be purchasing it i guess lol.
You could always use the contact the developer link in the App Store listing and make your feelings known. If enough people complain it may change.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When searching the Purchased tab for iPhone apps, make sure you change the selection to iPhone only at the top left. Otherwise, only Universal apps that work natively on both the iPhone and iPad will show up.

Most reactions

Latest posts