What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having an issue with ZumoCast

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not showing my entire iTunes Library. The vast majority of my file are .mp3 that I either bought on Amazon or copied from CD.

Last night I wanted to play the new album from Leon Russell and Elton John called The Union. This one I did by through iTunes. But it wasn't anywhere to be found. I even made a special play list but that list would not appear.

I thought that iTunes now sold music that wasn't DRM protected, but maybe this one is. So my question is could that be why the album wouldn't show on my playlist? Is there another reason?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Doublecheck which folders you have selected for ZumoCast to open. Sometimes, iTunes stores songs in different folders (depends on where you elect to have the files saved). It may be just a simple matter of finding the appropriate folder(s) for the songs you want to play and then authorizing them for ZumoCast...

Good luck.

Marilyn

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it is protected, it should show in Zumocast with a red X next to it in the song list. You are correct that Zumocast won't play protected tracts. However, I don't think that is the issue as iTunes music has not been protected for nearly two years now.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think Marilyn is on the right track as I've been caught out by that as well. Too much stuff over too many drives :(

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doublecheck which folders you have selected for ZumoCast to open. Sometimes, iTunes stores songs in different folders (depends on where you elect to have the files saved). It may be just a simple matter of finding the appropriate folder(s) for the songs you want to play and then authorizing them for ZumoCast...

Good luck.

Marilyn

This is true, I do have iTunes in two different folders. Most are in the regular iTunes where the majority of my music is kept and the other one is where Amazon mp3's are downloaded.

I'll look closer at that but it appears to me that the only option it gives you is for play list, artist, albums, etc. On one of my play list which it did show and I probably have over 200 songs in it only 2 songs are showing up on the play list.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hook -

I can feel your pain as I went through it myself at the start of using ZumoCast...

The problem is not on your iPad (nor is it with ZumoCast). It's how your folders are identified for ZumoCast to use from/on your PC or Mac.

The best suggestion I have for you (I've had to do it myself): Pick one of the songs that you cannot play on the iPad via ZumoCast. Go to your iTunes and find the actual address where that song is. The odds are pretty good that the song is in a folder you have not set for ZumoCast. Use ZumoCast to set preferences for that folder and then it should work fine.

iTunes has a very, um ... interesting way of file management, especially for music. If the MP3 [for example] is not IN the iTunes folder, iTunes will map a way to it. This way, it'll play the song from that location, but it'll still be IN that location. Your playlists also map to other places on your PC if they aren't in the iTunes folder. ZumoCast's "problem" with using your playlists is that it can't (doesn't?) follow the link. So, it says your song's not there ... until/unless you add that end folder into ZumoCast via the preferences.

There, that's clear as mud, eh? Ah heck, just do what I did! Buy an entire NEW desktop PC and when you put all your songs back on it - ensure they all go to the iTunes folder (and that the default is to put ALL new songs added to iTunes into THAT folder). Easy-peasy, problem solved! :D

Hope this helped a bit (well, except that last paragraph...!).

Marilyn

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it makes perfect sense. I've seen this with other issues I've had using iTunes. And if you do move it to another folder, iTunes will say it can't find it and then you have to redirect iTunes to the song.

Jafaircloth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with with Zumocast stalling after 30min or more of movie playback? This usually hangs the iPad and the app and I have to restart. Does it matter how large the movie file is?

Thanks in advance - James

Most reactions

Latest posts