What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Apple's Robot Canceled Your iPad Pre Order

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears if you make changes to your iPad pre order, Apple's computer robot will determine you are ordering too many iPads and cancel all your current and future orders within three days of your transaction.

Appealing to a human doesn't seem to help for if the human modifies your account and resubmits an order the robot will spot it and cancel it again in about three days.

Moral don't mess with your order if you expect an iPad and don't order more than two online.

That might be what Apple fixed this morning after complaints about their robot's heavy hand.

Zardoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, you never want to modify an online order. It can cause delays and even cancelation of the order.

prime258

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this include changing your shipping address? Or just changing the actual order such as quantity or item. I changed my shipping address on Wednesday and now this post has me worried.

Zardoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, changing anything, trust me I work in the industry. An address can be really bad to change, better to cancel the order and make new with the proper info.

The problem with this is it can put up to many red flags and boom cancel.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've changed my orders twice - and both of them are still good and in the system. Once again - anyone on this forum had their individual order canceled?

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cancelled the case I had ordered along with my 3G and my order is still in the system. I've been checking it to make sure nothing did happen to the iPad preorder. An interesting thing happened though, Apple withdrew the amount of the case from my cc account but no addition shipping info has shown up on my order. I called apple b4 I cancelled the case and they verified they had taken funds for the case. I'm waiting a couple of days br I call back to see when they are refunding that amount back to my credit card.

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I changed my address for my launch day order and received it as normal on the third.

Zardoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fokes this not 100% you just run the risk. You milage my vary, batteries not includid...

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea but what is the risk compared to having an auto accident or getting struck by lightening? Somewhere in between?

Still waiting for someone who has had this happen to them with their ipad order to speak out. Until then - perhaps we should stop trying to stir people up and make them afraid to add, change or upgrade their order.

Read the first post on this thread - it's unfounded, based on no facts and reactionary.

Shame!

traylorc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read the first post on this thread - it's unfounded, based on no facts and reactionary.

Shame!

Come on David....90% of the posts in this forum are unfounded and based on no facts and are reactionary. That's why everyone enjoys reading them! :D

Personally, I didn't sense any maliciousness in the OP posts. I would be willing to be he/she was trying to warn fellow Apple junkies about something that could impact their ipad order. Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=899243

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=899243

Shame!

Come on David....90% of the posts in this forum are unfounded and based on no facts and are reactionary. That's why everyone enjoys reading them! :D

Personally, I didn't sense any maliciousness in the OP posts. I would be willing to be he/she was trying to warn fellow Apple junkies about something that could impact their ipad order. Let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt.
Google and Bing! are always your friend!

Apple robot canceling 3G pre-orders. Anyone find a work-around? - Mac Forums

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Shame!

Google and Bing! are always your friend!

Thanks - I've heard of the 'Google'! Interesting thread - 2 people saying they had real deal problems followed by sniping and childish arguing.

I hope no-one on this forum experiences this problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts