What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anybody had this peoblem

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody had this problem

I notice while watching Utube it plays for about 10 seconds and stop then if I press the play button again it starts where it left off and plays for a little bit and does it again. I know it's not my wireless connection cus I am only five foot from it. On my Apple laptop I didn't have the problem sitting in the same location...Mike

Last edited:

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So are you saying that it isn't loading fast enough? Because I have the same problem. It takes forever to load YouTube videos on my iPad, yet takes only about 30seconds to load a full video on my computer.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Thats not just youtube on the iPad, its youtube anywhere. No matter what your connection, or anything. Its just the youtube site.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Many people claim that if you change your DNS on your iPad to 208.67.222.222 it will help load the videos faster. Many people claim it works, but a few says that it doesn't. You can try and se if it works. I switched. I actually noticed a slight improvement. Give it a shot, it may or may not work.

OP
hey_moe

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are you finding those settings at. I have looked in the settings but no glory.
Many people claim that if you change your DNS on your iPad to 208.67.222.222 it will help load the videos faster. Many people claim it works, but a few says that it doesn't. You can try and se if it works. I switched. I actually noticed a slight improvement. Give it a shot, it may or may not work.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
hey_moe said:
Where are you finding those settings at. I have looked in the settings but no glory.

Go to settings, Wifi, then click the arrow to whatever network you are connected to. Make sure DHCP is selected, then click DNS. Delete whatever numbers were in there previously. Then replace it with 208.67.222.222

Krakrjaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having the same problem. I can sit in the same spot with my laptop and it will load just fine. I may try that dns also. Thanks.

OP
hey_moe

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for da heads up. I tried it but no glory :( ...lol.I noticed when it does stop all I gotta go is hit the play button where it stop and it start where it stopped at. It's like I lose internet connect for a split second.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup I tired to watch a 3min 45sec clip on YouTube and it was taking a year to load.....sucks I just wanna stomp this thing sometimes!!! Wifi only here and all you tube videos loads much faster on my 2 eight year old Dell laptops!!!

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like this is a universal problem. Obviously the strength or proximity of the WIFI connection has nothing to do with it. It looks as if this might be a basic flaw in the iPad specifications, in which case the only solution is to live with excruciatingly slow upload time or to use the laptop/desktop or whatever other device might be availble for Youtube viewing.

C

andjoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the problem when I changed ISP so are blaming them. My modem is from my original provider and useing it to my new provider. As the modem is manufactured for my old Internet company, that going to the router web page all the information for the company is in the settings except for the login in details to my new company. So I put all blame back to that although my eMac streams quite well and blue ray player that has YouTube connection is faster again. I'll try this DNS trick I reckons and see what happens ;)

Tried a couple of YouTubes with the DNS change and yes, it's much faster and not stuttering on me.

Thanks to the poster with that information, you've made me happy :D

andjoh

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends on so many factors.
Time of day, contention ratio, popularity of the clip etc.
The fact I can watch several hours of streaming video over wifi suggests the problem lies the other side of the router.

If it's important I use a video downloader and watch when it's finished.

Sadly MiTube has been pulled from the appstore due to unauthorised api, but is available if you're jailbroken. Think there is a good alternative though.

OP
hey_moe

hey_moe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I brought this for the wife and now I wonder if I should take it back and exchange it. I looked at the same video at the same time on my Apple laptop, and main frame computer. Both the Apple laptop and my main frame computer didn't stop or skip at all. The laptop was hooked up wireless and the main frame hooked up direct. So i feel it isn't my internet connection. Both the Ipad and laptop was sitting in my lap within 5 foot of the wireless router. After reading some of the other members input I feel it is a hit and miss...Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts