What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardware Issue, I hear something rattle

skeeto111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey so I just noticed this today. I've had my iPad2 for a few months now, so far everything works great, and I don't have any complaints really.

However I noticed that there's a slight rattle in my iPad2 when I shake it. It seems to be coming from the SIM card slot. I don't have a sim card in there yet. It's 3G capable but it's not set up right now.

Other than that everything is working fine, no problems, and the rattling is slight and only noticeable if you're shaking it.

Should I call Apple? I'm moving tomorrow to another city and was wondering if this is a continuous problem should I take it to the apple store and have it exchanged? (it's under warranty and I have the insurance protection plan thing).

Also if I take it to a different Apple store from the one I bought it is that a problem?

And one last thing..I jailbroke my iPad2 recently. If I decide to take it in should I restore it to where it was before the jailbreak?

Thanks y'all

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The slight rattle is the empty SIM card tray. With no SIM card in it, it's free to move slightly up and down, so nothing to worry about. If you eventually put a SIM card in, that rattle will stop.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts