What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guys... my iPad plays through a record player perfectly.

ElectricBlake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to see if my cart would pick up the ipads speaker vibration. I expected something to happen, but not the distortion-less playback that I got! The cart is magnetic and placed on top of where the speaker is located!
Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 11.10.08 PM.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since speakers are basically electromagnets attached to vibrating panels, I’m not surprised it works. I am surprised that it works well enough to sound good.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I tried this, but the iPad Pro's speaker magnets were too strong, and bottomed out the cartridge (the tracking force is set to the max recommended 1.7 grams). Anyone who wants to try this, be careful not to damage anything.

OP
E

ElectricBlake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried this, but the iPad Pro's speaker magnets were too strong, and bottomed out the cartridge (the tracking force is set to the max recommended 1.7 grams). Anyone who wants to try this, be careful not to damage anything.
Hello, I have added a comment to the video warning about this. I sincerely hope your stylus and cartridge were not damaged! The Cart in the video was a Shure Pro-9 with a N-44 Stylus. The power was obviously unplugged to the turntable so as to prevent it from rotating.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No damage. The cart is an Audio-Technica OC-9 low-output moving coil with its standard line-contact stylus. I played a record afterward to check, and it was fine.

No doubt the problem was partly due to the strong magnets used in m/c cartridges.

Most reactions

Latest posts