How to get music from iPad to stereo system

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Rvh, Jan 28, 2011.

1. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Are you looking for a portable BlueTooth receiver?

I have been looking at this one from Amazon, but haven't pulled the trigger yet --
    [​IMG]
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBridge-mini-jack-Rx-Bluetooth/dp/B0038MA11U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1297794348&sr=8-3]Miccus BluBridge mini-jack Rx: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output[/ame]

#31 iPadCharlie, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. RAC

RAC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I have the Belkin BT receiver and it works quite well. There is a minor issue with the sound sometimes being momentarily interrupted when you touch the aluminum case of the iPad. It seems suspiciously like the iPhone 4 antenna issue.

I think that AirPort Express would also do the job but it does cost quite a bit more than a BT receiver.

#32 RAC, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  3. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Although I don't know how it sounds, I like this one from Miccus because it can be powered from a USB port which means I can use it in 2 of my cars that have radios with AUX in jacks and USB ports.

Unfortunately the Bose sound system in my 20 year old Corvette does not have an AUX in jack or USB port. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade, eh?

4. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    You could always get a cigarette-lighter -> USB adapter for the vette! They cost $10/$15 dollars. obviously, the USB port can only power devices - no data transfer through the cigarette lighter USB adapter! :)

I use one in my 17 year old beater car to keep my iPhone charged (and use a cassette adapter to play music from the iPhone in that car).

5. speakers for ipad

speakers for ipad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Belkin BT receiver works well and I think it is compatible also with ipad. You can go to amazon, type belkin blue tooth receiver and read the reviews.

6. Rvh

Rvh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I went ahead and bought the Apple component cable and the sound quality is much, much better than the headphone jack connection. I didn't like paying $39 but the sound is better. I can't believe the BT connection yields better sound, but I plan to try it out.

Bob

7. Ronstv

Ronstv
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I can confirm the belkin Bluetooth receiver works fine on the iPad. I'm using mine at this very moment, sound quality is superb but would recommend importing your CDs as apple lossless versions, I think you get a better sound quality on the higher frequencies.
    Also works good on iPhones..
    Ron.

8. newfmp3

newfmp3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    #38 newfmp3, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  9. jtrosky

jtrosky
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the info - I have the Belkin Bluetooth music receiver and was thinking about getting a second one for my downstairs stereo - I may try this one instead (only $20!)

10. Ral14

Ral14
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The main reason I held off on getting an Ipad of any kind was because I couldn't stream my music wirelessly to my Airport express, the way I can now, with my netbook. Now that Airplay is enabled on MANY Ipad apps, including Pandora(awesome) Itunes, obviously, many others. There is also a simple step for tricking the ipad into transmitting ANY of the sounds that it is playing to your Airport express. I have my airport connected to a subwoofer and 2 cambridge sound works speakers, and it sounds unbelievable! I can walk all over the house with my netbook (Ipad2 is on order) and even go outside.. and I don't get any interruption of any kind. Bluetooth is CRAP as far as I'm concerned. You can't walk too far from the connection, and the sound quality is NOTHING compared to the airport express. I'm going to actually buy 2 more aiports (used about $50 each) and put a nice ceiling speaker in my kitchen, and others on my porch. I am just dying here, waiting for my Ipad 2 to ship to me! By the way, I'm a musician, and I am VERY snobby when it comes to how well my music sounds. I am 100% impressed and awed by all of this wireless connectivity and sound quality. Hope this helps
    -Andrew