Got my Mach 3 iPad case!!!

Discussion in 'Mach 3 Composites' started by MikesTooLz, Aug 3, 2010.

1. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Just got my Mach 3 iPad case. After trying it out for a few days I'll post a review about it.

2. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Eagerly waiting for your thoughts!

3. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I plan to do some stress tests tomorrow and may even post a video.

4. King Hal

King Hal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I look forward to your review. Don't know if these cases are available in the UK

5. Mach3Composites

Mach3Composites
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    No problem shipping to the UK, just sent a couple to the Netherlands last week. We have discounts in place with FedEx. Select economy air in the shipping options for the best rate.

Cheers!

6. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    @MikesToolz: If you could also comment on how you got along without the case having a handle, that would be appreciated.

(In a different thread somewhere a while ago, I mentioned being more interested in this case if it had a handle. Mach3 said they had looked into the idea. Although, now I'm not so sure I'd need a handle now...maybe two D ring attachment points would suffice.)

7. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I'm uploading a video of my distractive testing of the case.

I recorded a long video of me talking about the case and when I thought about it, however I used the webcam on my PC and it only recorded the video. I'll have to record that part over again.

• Overall the case is nice and sturdy. Its like putting armor around your ipad, you don't worry about damaging your iPad while its in the case.
    • Carrying it around without a handle is OK, however I think It would really be nice if some type of handle or strap was an option. I think its possible to add a small loop on the two front buckles to then be able to attach a strap.
    • I also noticed how they added rib lines on the inside of the case under the padding for added strength.
    • Also, I found myself using my iPad less often then when I just had it in a folio case just because with the folio case I could flip it open and use the ipad then close it. With the Mach 3 I would have to open it, take the ipad out and find a place to set the case down.
    • The weakness when it came to falls was when the case fall directly on its side. The case would then open up, however the impact was still absorbed by the case.
    • after dropping it a few times, throwing it down the concrete stairs and dropping bricks on the case the scratches were not very visible. from a few feet away the scratches seemed to just disappear.
    • It would also be nice to see the price of the case came down a little bit, but I have no idea how much it actually costs to manufacture carbon fiber cases.
    ***Note**** also note that the company that makes these cases says nothing about water resistance, I just decided to test this on my own since the case had a rubber seal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GETk4DsByY

#7 MikesTooLz, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  8. Mach3Composites

Mach3Composites
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Nice test Mike, and no you can not borrow the company car. Lol.

9. Mach3Composites

Mach3Composites
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    A quick side note. We have increased the thickness of the padding in the cases that we are now molding.

10. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    @Mach3Composites - Does that mean an iPad with a slim case will no longer fit into the case? In parrticular, I'm asking if my iPad w/ Hard Candy Sleek case will fit inside.