What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google maps ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

any way of getting google maps back after installing ios 6 ?

Thanks,
Bob

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that I know of right now. We can only wait and see if Google releases a maps app much like they did with YouTube. For the time being if you are unsatisfied with the Apple maps you can try Google Earth.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can access Google maps via safari, so you could create a app bookmark to it on your homescreen.

No streetview this way tho, if thats the feature you miss the most.

Purplehaste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Robert11 said:
Hi,

any way of getting google maps back after installing ios 6 ?

Thanks,
Bob

just wait for the next update maybe they will put it back and improve siri

iPad 3 

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can get it through the browser but no Street View unless you use one of the browsers that allow flash. Not so easy! I miss Street View and do not like the new maps. The view provided is small and unclear as far as I can see and a waste of time!

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Google must be laughing themselves off silly by now reading about Apple's mapping comments on iOS 6 :D

NickR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a terrible backwards step, no Steet View ! I really hope Google releases a iPad app for Maps and YouTube.

quackers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree that the lack of street view is a backward step and hope an update is on the horizon. Hard to believe that with this sophisticated bit of kit there is no way round it. I'm wishing I hadn't bothered with the upgrade.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change is not always perfect. In many cases, a poor start means that the improvement will be better. Often when there is little griping about an issue, very little is done to improve the situation. Apple does not like being considered less than top tier, and so they will be attacking the issue with fervor. Just do not expect street view because that is not practical. Apple will let Google have that. It is a gimmick just as people consider Siri to be a gimmick. Handy at times, but limited in its benefit.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just read on Twitter that basically the Map team is locked down to fix issues. I decided to wait to upgrade since I use Google maps so much and tried it thru Safari yesterday. No immediate hurry to upgrade but I will-and expecting both a fix soon and likeoy a Google app at some point,

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Live Street View Free, from the App Store. Good enough for now, and pretty fast to boot.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see Google have submitted their map app to Apple for approval. Just a matter of time before it hits the AppStore.

Mawoody

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think i will just use google maps in Safari since the Apple maps are full of mistakes!

Most reactions

Latest posts