What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Docs Desktop Editing Now Available for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Google has announced today that the Google Docs Desktop editor can now be used on the iPad. This follows on from the recent launch of the Google Docs Mobile editor, which facilitated the editing of documents on your mobile device. Now Google has made it even easier to edit documents on your iPad by giving you the option to visit the Desktop version of the document editor with just one tap, if you want to make more style edits to your document, such as change a font or center align a paragraph, for example. Essentially what this means is that you can now access the regular Google Docs that you’ll be familiar with using on your desktop, only it’ll be running on the iPad rather than your computer.

You can also now insert formulas in a Google spreadsheet from your iPad, simply by clicking on “Go to spreadsheet view†at the top of the mobile view.

Source: Tips & Tricks: More options for mobile editing on the the iPad - Official Google Docs Blog, via MacStories: Google Docs Desktop Editing Comes To The iPad

Fotoabq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank god we can finally use this on iPad

I've been using Google docs as my cloud for about six years...well from day one...when I got my iPad on first day issue I was pretty pissed about all the various work arounds like evernote. This is not yet perfect but it works. I am sure that Google will improve this with time. Meanwhile I can now get some work done on the iPad and the cloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts