What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goofy question about Apple’s awesome looking boxes....

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Just curious, Who else saves their Apple product boxes? Would Apple think I’m even nuttier than usual if I enquirer about finding a box for my iPhone X ? It was given to me sans packaging, and I just really want the freaking box! I KNOW they throw quite a few out, as I admittedly watched a few you tube Apple store dumpster diving videos( yeah, I did, sigh), and there were several boxes, some even had the charger still in them. Then again I may hit up the local Verizon ( the polite one),as they do the same thing. Can’t imagine walking off without my box.... or charger! Yep, I have the box my iPad 6 came in safely tucked in a file drawer. I may need some “special”help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I keep all the boxes that contained my Apple products. They‘re stored safely in my dresser.

That‘s partially, because I don‘t need all the cables and chargers that came with them (1 charger and cable is used for 2 or 3 devices), and I don‘t use the EarPods - I prefer headphones. Also, if I sell them, which happens from time to time, I send them with the original boxes.

I like their design as well, so I can imagine how you feel.

You can charge the iPhone with the charger for the iPad as well, if your iPad has a lightning connector. It‘s not necessary to get an additional charger for the iPhone.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could probably also buy iPhone boxes on eBay or another sales site but iPhone boxes have the serial number of the original iPhone printed on them, if that matters to you.

OP
PrismStudios

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
I tend to hoard cables , in case I or someone I know lose one, or someone needs one. I’ve become the go to among my friends! I use a wireless charger ( built into the base of a table lamp, it’s really cool) for the phone, and if I’m going to be staying somewhere , I use a portable charge pad. I keep that in my travel bag. I carry a small zipper bag in my purse with the iPhone charger, my powe bank, and a spare non original cord for mooching purposes . The iPad cord stays here unless I’m traveling with it and it’s charger goes too, of course. Just can’t imagine why anyone would walk off from the purchase without the box and charger. Yes, you can buy used boxes on eBay. I watched an empty iMac box go for $150! I’m just trying to stop one from hitting the bin. Did not know about the serial # on the box. Wonder if resellers know that? As I have no intentions of reselling my numbers not matching are OK. Seeing what came out of the dumpster behind the phone store and Apple store was interesting to say rhe least... I’m not jumping in there, but ..... interesting.

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always save the boxes as having them helps when you upgrade and want to resell the old device

John Petrie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now that's strange, i thought there was only one box hoarder in this world, my wife. She won't throw out a shoe box. There is a cupboard in my house where the shoe boxes (plus contents) are kept, stacked with the precision of King Tuts pyramid builders.
The type of shoe/boot/sandal is written on the face of the box, even the colour. I do believe if i even swapped positions with two boxes there would be a riot, mibbe even punches thrown in my general direction.
As for phone or tablet boxes.....watch out, you may just end up like my wife.

John Petrie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dare you to rotate one of those shoe boxes.... I’ll even donate some iodine for the contusion later. I’m not that bad, but I do love Apple’s boxes.....just not the micro fonts on the inserts!
Iodine! Iodine! You can't be serious. We're talking cancellation of cooked breakfasts, washing and ironing restrictions plus dog house conditions. Prism, there is more to this box hoarding than you realize.....iodine indeed.

garbage_bag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer to save everything apple-related. Besides the fact that they come off to me as visually and ergonomically pleasing, they can act as impromptu storage units for pretty much anything that'll fit, and not just the chargers, either! ;)

LindsayRose93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious, Who else saves their Apple product boxes? Would Apple think I’m even nuttier than usual if I enquirer about finding a box for my iPhone X ? It was given to me sans packaging, and I just really want the freaking box! I KNOW they throw quite a few out, as I admittedly watched a few you tube Apple store dumpster diving videos( yeah, I did, sigh), and there were several boxes, some even had the charger still in them. Then again I may hit up the local Verizon ( the polite one),as they do the same thing. Can’t imagine walking off without my box.... or charger! Yep, I have the box my iPad 6 came in safely tucked in a file drawer. I may need some “special”help.

Greetings!
I am also a die hard keeper of the apple (and lenovo) packaging. It started because I just love it, strange as that sounds, but now the hidden agenda is wanting to have it in the event that I trade or sell a product. From my perspective, I think it's cool, apple might be flattered albeit UN-phased by your box collection. ~peace :)

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still have my box for the iPhone and my mini 2 . I sometimes keep the important stuff for the phone and iPad in them.

Most reactions

Latest posts