Goodreader vs iannotate

Discussion in 'iPad for Business and Education' started by cutedogs, Feb 29, 2012.

1. cutedogs

cutedogs iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just want to know which ones better from someone who's used both. I got goodreader the other day and it seems to do everything I want it to. But today I was looking at my friend using iannotate and it looked easier to use.

I was wondering if iannotate would actually be worth getting?
  2. iAnnotate

iAnnotate iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Greetings, cutedogs. I represent iAnnotate PDF. I'd be more than happy to describe all of our amazing features here, but if you private message me your email, I can give you a promo code so you can decide for yourself. Thanks!
  3. sanjmeh

sanjmeh Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to try Iannotate too. Can you help me with on a promo code? Can send Edited by Moderator - please do not post email address's, this is against the forum rules and for your own Internet security.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
  4. Wordtoni

Wordtoni iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like a promo code too please.
  5. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,124 / 1
    Hi All,

Please Private Message iAnnotate for promo code as mentioned above. Thanks!
  6. hongsiying

hongsiying iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I am currently using goodreader but I'm looking to try IAnnotate as well. Would love if you could provide me with a promo code to do so
  7. bluebottle

bluebottle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, currently I'm looking for the advantage of Goodreader compared to IAnnotate other than its cheaper price. Will using either both to annotate research paper. I wonder if they can put notes inside highlighted text like Adobe Reader X.
  8. iAnnotate

iAnnotate iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Greetings everyone! Thank you for your interest in iAnnotate PDF.

I've gotten approval from my supervisor to give away five copies of our app. To enter, private message me a sentence or two about how you will use our app and make sure to include your email address.

I'll choose my five favorite proposed iAnnotate PDF uses and post them here. Be creative or serious! It's up to you. Submit your message by noon EST this Friday, and I will post the winners in the afternoon!

Thanks!
  9. alexhng

alexhng iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can I get a promo code also?
  10. iAnnotate

iAnnotate iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good replies so far! Please remember to include your email address in your PM.
  11. sanjmeh

sanjmeh Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why are you asking for our email address? That is not allowed, don't you know the rules?
  12. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,124 / 1
    Hi sanjmeh:

Yes,it is not allowed to post personal emails, blogs, Facebook pages on this site. That is against forum rules.

What i aNnotate is requesting is for members to Private Message him (PM) with your email if you are interested in winning the app.

Hope that clarifies things.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  13. iAnnotate

iAnnotate iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    One day left to send me a few sentences and your email.

I can't respond to private messages yet, as I don't have enough posts here on the forum. Sorry to those of you who have asked me questions through that channel.
  14. dcphoto

dcphoto iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to try iannotate too.
  15. littvay

littvay iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting. I suppose I will get in line for one of these codes. Yesterday I was just asked to co-teach a class on technology in the classroom at the Central European University. We have an iPad pilot program but I am not part of the pilot as it is in a different department (yet they still ask me to contribute). I was just searching for PDF annotation apps to explore options for teaching. I am partial to the 99 cent / free versions (I got pdfnotes and notability) but I would love to have the opportunity to try a more sophisticated package. I see you have messaging issues. If you search for my user name (also last name) and my university, you'll find a way to get in touch with me. I would love to hear why you think your product is better than these cheap alternatives. I also would be happy to receive a code so I can try myself. Thanks. Cheers. Levi
  16. bluebottle

bluebottle iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Waiting for iAnnotate..
  17. iAnnotate

iAnnotate iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great replies, everyone! Here are the winners of this contest, chosen based on their originality and diversity. I wish I could choose more, but there were only so many codes.

First Winner: wipednwired
    "I'm a university teacher, and need a portable and up to date way to grade papers on the move. My students already submit then electronically. I would use iannotate to make marginal comments with a stylus, highlight common grammar mistakes, add URLs to direct them to websites for further help, and to type longer comments at the end."

Second Winner: rajagopalanator
    "I'm currently a junior economics major… who would love the chance to try iAnnotate to replace my note-taking workflows, which entail PDF annotation through Adobe PDF for some classes, typing up notes in LaTeX in others, and handwriting/using Word's journal for others… [A]s an econ major, professors almost always give us slides that need a lot of annotation, so iAnnotate seems to fit this niche perfectly."

Third Winner: ebk5
    "I am a medical resident and have hundreds of PDF's of medical articles/publications that I review for work and educational purposes. It would be awesome to use an app that would allow me to annotate the articles so that I can review the important points of each article when I revisit them."

Fourth Winner: skimonkey
    "I would love to try iAnnotate to help me annotate research articles for work. My responsibilities at work involve quite a bit of clinical research which directly requires a lot of reading. We are currently working on best practices in our Health System pertaining to patient outcomes. Being able to annotate articles and share with my co-workers would be very helpful."

Fifth Winner: Layth
    "As an aspiring filmmaker I frequently work with and share large PDF files. While so far I found my iPad great at reading PDF files just as comfortably as printing them out (without the killing trees part!). Annotating them has been a challenge so far."

Note to winners: if you didn't add your email address into the message, please check your private messages for the promo code.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  18. nmbootz24

nmbootz24 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have used PDF Expert, and I think it's better than iAnnotate.
  19. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    It's too bad that no comparisons turned up for Goodreader and iAnnotate in this thread.

The really sad part is I actually own both apps, but since I bought Goodreader first, it is the one I use because I haven't had time to really dig into iAnnotate. I bought it (iAnnotate) on the recommendation of a colleague who thought it was great.

Both of these apps do look great on the new iPad.
  20. dadave1244

dadave1244 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,I am just beginning Medical School on Monday and want to use the program for note taking upon the PDF slides given in class. Please instruct me on how to get the free one, and once I use your program and understand how I promise to tell all my friends in the program to use it as well. Please also include any helpful tips on how to get started. My e-mail is....
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012