What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good iPad2 keyboard?

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all ,I was wondering if I can get some advice from experienced iPad users,,,I am a college student and really would love to use my iPad2 for class ( notes in pages ,,,etc) so my question is from experience what's the best keyboard to use ,I would like one with a stand ,,I have looked into a zag and they seem very nice but I don't like the black ,,,to be honest I like white as I have a white ipad2,,,,any advice would be great ,thanks in advance

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all ,I was wondering if I can get some advice from experienced iPad users,,,I am a college student and really would love to use my iPad2 for class ( notes in pages ,,,etc) so my question is from experience what's the best keyboard to use ,I would like one with a stand ,,I have looked into a zag and they seem very nice but I don't like the black ,,,to be honest I like white as I have a white ipad2,,,,any advice would be great ,thanks in advance

Welcome to the Forum! I hope you find the answer to some of your questions here.

Although I don't have an answer to your specific question on the keyboard stand - I wondered if you'd looked at folding Bluetooth keyboards. I use the iGo Stowaway keyboard, but there are several others. The advantage is that it folds up (!) into a very small space and is a perfect companion for the iPad. Some of the other Bluetooth keyboards (OK - Zagg excluded because it forms a real neat case) are that they are so large that carrying them around all the time can become a real chore. I noted your comment about a white keyboard - I had a look at the Zagg site and you're right, they don't seem to be marketing one yet, but I note they do have the iPad2 keyboards or pre-order. I wonder if it's worth contacting them to see if they have any plans to sell a white keyboard in the future.

In terms of a stand, do you want the iPad to stand completely upright, as though it were in the Apple keyboard dock, or merely inclined at an angle, much as it might if you have the Apple iPad Smart cover?

Keep in touch - you can't be the only person wanting a white keyboard, so I'm sure you'll get lots of feedback from other Forum members.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I started a thread earlier regarding the Verbatim folding portable keyboard. I also did an exhaustive review on it at amazon.com [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97537-Bluetooth-Mobile-Keyboard/dp/B004L9LT2E[/ame] (it's the one listed under "most helpful review").

Not a bad little keyboard, especially since it's very portable. I use it for on-the-go as it folds up neatly and very compact, goes in the little pouch of my iPad carrying case.

I do have the Apple Wireless Keyboard (the smaller one), which is very nice and it looks really good. White keys, too. However, like the Verbatim, it's not cheap.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
G

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys ,,,,I kind of would like it to stand up as if it were in a doc ,kind of like the zagg mate keyboard does ,,,,in regards to white I found this one in the link but am not sure on it I have to do some more digging around,,,,price is not too much the issue(not because I have money to burn but because I will pay for a good product , especially for college),,,maybe I will look into the apple one since it's white as well ,,,,thanks guys

http://www.accessoriesofapple.com/n...c-leather-book-style-folio-case-for-ipad.html

Last edited:

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an original iPad with an the apple case. I had the same thinking you do as far as a keyboard. After I got my iPad in June of last year I decided to see if in fact I really needed a external keyboard of any type. I forced my self to use the internal keyboard in the landscape mode to do all of my keying into any application. I was very surprised that I was able to get used to it's very very soft touch as well as keeping my usual typing speed. To this day I have not found the need for an external keyboard in any application I originally started out with nor since I have added to my unit. My advice is give it a try first and if my experience is not yours than there are many many external keyboards that are both functional and of high quality out there for both the iPad original as well as the iPad 2. when my iPad 2 arrives I do not expect any different experience with it than I have had with my iPad original.

OP
G

Gmenfan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an original iPad with an the apple case. I had the same thinking you do as far as a keyboard. After I got my iPad in June of last year I decided to see if in fact I really needed a external keyboard of any type. I forced my self to use the internal keyboard in the landscape mode to do all of my keying into any application. I was very surprised that I was able to get used to it's very very soft touch as well as keeping my usual typing speed. To this day I have not found the need for an external keyboard in any application I originally started out with nor since I have added to my unit. My advice is give it a try first and if my experience is not yours than there are many many external keyboards that are both functional and of high quality out there for both the iPad original as well as the iPad 2. when my iPad 2 arrives I do not expect any different experience with it than I have had with my iPad original.
Thanks for the tip I was thinking this and may give it a shot first ....im sure it will also work for me since the screen size actually fits well to the finger layout of hands while typing in landscape

Most reactions

Latest posts