What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange safari issue (ipad2 on ios5)

dougm1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have all my router settings right, i think...using opendns on a connection with a fast ping time (between 5-15ms on speedtests) and 8meg download and 3 upload.
The speed of the net on my ipad2 isnt the issue, i.e. opera seems fine (and net is perfect on laptops, ps3 etc)....but in safari (on ipad2) an awful lot of times it hangs half way trying to load a page, it'll hang for up to a minute...but if i refresh the page, and this goes for any page, it loads instantly.

Never happens on a google search...only happens when i click links to a site....and only in safari

I am wondering could it be something to do with the new reader feature....which i really like btw, and my main reason to want to use safari as my main browser

Thanks in advance for any advice.

(mods - apologies for posting in the wrong section earlier...ipad1 forum)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried completely closing the app in the multi-task bar? (Double press the Home button, press and hold any icon in the bar until they start to jiggle, then touch the top left-hand corner of the Safari icon to completely close it. Then press the Home button to close the multi-task bar and try again.)

Tim

OP
D

dougm1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes...did that and restarted and anything else obvious i could think of

thanks for the reply

Most reactions

Latest posts