What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to apple symbol

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the iPad 3 for Christmas and it's been running fine. However, in the last couple of days I've been bouncing around on Safari and all of a sudden my screen turns black and the apple symbol appears. It's only for a few seconds then it goes to my desktop and I have to slide open as if I powered it off. Is anyone else having this issue..also, I hope I explained it well enough..

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your iPad has crashed if you go briefly back to the Apple logo. The cause can be a wide range of things from having too many things running in the background that the iOS cannot keep up with the RAM refresh, or, while browsing, you're on a website that's taking up a large amount of cache at once, and iOS cannot refresh it quick enough. If you're on iOS 7, disabling Background App Refresh and closing out certain high demand apps such as Facebook, Skype and a handful of other apps can be a resolution.

OP
C

Charbarot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll disable the app refresh and get rid of some of the apps I never use...hopefully that will help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue on my Air but it's not only in Safari that it's happening.

As it keeps going to the Apple logo, I'm thinking it more of a glitch that Apple needs to fix rather than anything that I'm doing.....mainly because I'm running all the same apps on my mini and iPad 2 (which is still on OS 6) and it's not happening with them

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
FWIW, my iPad 3 never crashed/rebooted itself until it was updated to iOS7. Now it happens almost daily, usually when pressing the Home button. I don't see it causing any data loss or other real problem, just an obvious bug.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

deerhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad shuts down on its own.

I have an iPad 4 running 7.0.04.
Has anyone else found that every so often it shuts down on its own and the apple logo comes up on the screen as though you've done a reset. It doesn't seem to matter what you are doing at the time.,In the middle of internet browsing, emails etc.
The iPad is only about 4 months old.
Any help out there.
Thanks.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think its a bug but its so unannoying that I'm not all that concerned. When it does happen, and I admit i push mine probably to its limits for creation, browsing, moving back and forth between apps, that I'm still so happy with the Air I just wait a sec and go on. I do hope its fixed in 7.1 but could live with it. Moving from very early adoption of iPad one to Ipad 3 to Air--just joy LOL.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 4 running 7.0.04. Has anyone else found that every so often it shuts down on its own and the apple logo comes up on the screen as though you've done a reset. It doesn't seem to matter what you are doing at the time.,In the middle of internet browsing, emails etc. The iPad is only about 4 months old. Any help out there. Thanks.

I've moved your post to this recent thread on this same issue......

I'm experiencing this also and my Air is running 7.0.4, it's not a big problem for me and only happens every few days for a few seconds. My iPad mini is on 7.0.3, iPad 2 is OS 6 and I'm not experiencing it on them so it looks like an OS glitch to me and hopefully Apple will fix it soon.

Although Willerz2 also has some good advice above for ram related issues.....

Most reactions