What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going back to Email

Angbates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm very new to the iPad 2. when I open an email and there's a link to a page and I go to that link, is there a way to go back to the email without closing the browser and reopening my email account? I don't see a cancel button, return or go back bottom?

thanks!

Victoria R

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help you and I expect you to get a satisfactory answer.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have the multigestures enabled on your iPad2, you can swipe left or right to get back to the Mail app from the browser. Or, you can doubleclick on the Home button and select the Mail icon from the bottom row.

Those are the only ways to move back and forth between apps (other than closing one and then reopening another).

Marilyn

OP
Angbates

Angbates

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. I enabled the multigesture feature. Much better..

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but I have a hard time swiping 4 fingers across the screen the way it says in the settings. since I'm jailbroken is there a way to change the gesture to something a bit simpler? (Sorry to hijack the thread :)

Thanks

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I find it a bit awkward at times also, I push up the page with 4 fingers which reveals my multitask bar at the bottom and just select an app this way.
Don't know about Jailbroken tips though

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Angbates said:
Hello everyone

I'm very new to the iPad 2. when I open an email and there's a link to a page and I go to that link, is there a way to go back to the email without closing the browser and reopening my email account? I don't see a cancel button, return or go back bottom?

thanks!

I seem to have a glitch. When I make the move above, saving draft, the "mail" gets stuck and will not send or cancel. I have to do the " hard reset" to continue. That works but.....

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sherrygodmother said:
I seem to have a glitch. When I make the move above, saving draft, the "mail" gets stuck and will not send or cancel. I have to do the " hard reset" to continue. That works but.....

Closing the app completely when it behaves strangely is a much better first step. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly.

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Closing the app completely when it behaves strangely is a much better first step. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly.

That sounds logical. I will try it next time. I haven't had it happen in awhile but, I have avoided "saving the draft". I just go out and come back in. Nothings been lost like I feared.
I admit to being lax in closing the apps
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts