What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going around in circles...

darrenvox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After looking up countless posts on the net for the no sound issue I now find my issue to be on the home screen on the left where the music area is there's no volume slider....

I did a hard reset then a software reset and both show no sound for anything....music games, videos and etc...

Any idea on the no sound/slider bar issue

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, when you double click on the Home button to reveal the multitasking bar (or do the four-finger swipe up trick), then swipe to the right to reveal what's on the left, you don't see this:

View attachment 16322

Could you post a screen shot of what you DO see? And, what generation of iPad running what iOS version do you have? Because I've never seen this and I'm afraid that if your iPad has "lost" this function that you may have to restore it or take it to the Geniuses at the Apple Store for assistance. Because normally - that sound slider is just there...

Marilyn

fairline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you explain in greater detail, as I don't seem to have this function either. Am I missing something?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fairline said:
Can you explain in greater detail, as I don't seem to have this function either. Am I missing something?

To reveal your iOS version number, follow these images.....

image-3141979244.jpg

image-1436359189.jpg

To expose the audio controls, double tap the home button (the round physical button on the front of your iPad)......

image-975092619.jpg

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-4054765508.jpg
    image-4054765508.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 204

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darrenvox said:
After looking up countless posts on the net for the no sound issue I now find my issue to be on the home screen on the left where the music area is there's no volume slider....

I did a hard reset then a software reset and both show no sound for anything....music games, videos and etc...

Any idea on the no sound/slider bar issue

This problem has been known to be caused by dust/lint/other debris in the dock connector port or headphones port.

There are numerous suggestions on how to clean it ranging from a sot of compressed air to using a toothbrush to clean the port.

Try cleaning both and see if problem persists.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is also a known bug with in app sound, unsure if it applies but worth a try.

Settings/general/set side switch to.....set to mute.

Now mute the iPad from the side switch

Now unmute the iPad from the side switch

Now test to see if problem persists.

OP
darrenvox

darrenvox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd have to be true here I accidentally dropped the iPad in the top the other night... Today i had a bit of sound from games but none from movies or stuff

Most reactions

Latest posts