What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goflex satellite wifi hard drive

tobins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as i can see the Go flex satellite only streams the files as "read only" to the iPad. As far as I can see one cannot transfer data from iPad to goflex, or edit data stored on the goflex using the iPad. Not impressed with the product so far. Has anyone any advice please?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The way it's marketed is as a media storage device, thus the typical use is to use your iPad as a playback device. It does not appear to be aimed at personal storage. I would use Dropbox for that, particularly docs.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As per my response to your other post, my understanding is that they are upgrading their app to make its use "two way".

The Archangel

OP
T

tobins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm very annoyed with the device. My (lack of) understanding before I bought it was that is would work as a storage device for the iPad. I want to replace my old MacBook with my iPad instead of buying a new MacBook pro, the only issue with the iPad is storage. There must be some sort of work around out there.

Parapet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.parapetphotography.com
There is a workaround, and it is relatively easy but it costs $35. I go into detail on how we do our setup on my blog, but the gist of it is you have to replace the firmware on the satellite. You can download the replacement firmware from http://www.hackseagatesatellite.com/. The installation was a breeze and I use goodreader and photosync to transfer files back and forth quickly with no issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts