What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connecting iPad3 with GoFlex to Apple TV

GeekyGranny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to play movies from my iPad3 on my big screen TV. My movies are stored on a GoFlex Satellite which is accessed by the iPad on the GoFlex network. When I turn on the Apple TV, it can see my iPad and whatever I'm streaming (airplay mirroring) as long as they're on the same network (house).

When I play my movies using the GoFlex network, it cannot see the house network at the same time. In other words, my iPad can only use one network at a time. Is it possible to make this work? Help!! :eek:

BTW, the GoFlex Satellite is great!! You can have 3 iPads watching 3 different movies homed into 1 GoFlex network at the same time in different rooms.
That's watching different movies together.:)

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GeekyGranny said:
I am trying to play movies from my iPad3 on my big screen TV. My movies are stored on a GoFlex Satellite which is accessed by the iPad on the GoFlex network. When I turn on the Apple TV, it can see my iPad and whatever I'm streaming (airplay mirroring) as long as they're on the same network (house).

When I play my movies using the GoFlex network, it cannot see the house network at the same time. In other words, my iPad can only use one network at a time. Is it possible to make this work? Help!! :eek:

BTW, the GoFlex Satellite is great!! You can have 3 iPads watching 3 different movies homed into 1 GoFlex network at the same time in different rooms.
That's watching different movies together.:)

Hello GeekyGranny, I agree with you, the GoFlex Satellite is a great device. You can connect to your home network via the GoFlex. First connect to your GoFlex by selecting the GoFlex network in your iPad's setting. Then go to your GoFlex app, launch app. In the lower left hand corner, there should be a green wifi symbol. See Picture one. If you press the green wifi symbol, it will pull up the available wifi network at your location. In this case this is my wifi network. After you choose the wifi network, the GoFlex will connect to your wifi. See Picture 2. This indicates that you have two wifi connections, the symbol turns blue and is a dual wifi band. Once this is displayed anything attached to your network will have access to your content on the GoFlex.

Picture 1 Picture 2

Attachments

• image-710332265.jpg
    image-710332265.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,105
  • image-3042191752.jpg
    image-3042191752.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 718
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts