GoFlex Satellite problems

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by SpikeC, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Cyberhawk999

Cyberhawk999
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Enabling WebDAV and SMB support

Hi.

How do I enable WebDAV and SMB support on GoFlex Satellite? Is it a custom firmware that I need to use or can I use SSH to install/enable these features myself? If it's the later, how do I find user name and password for SSH?

Thank you.

2. dellhell

dellhell
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    In response to the original post about the Goflex App jumping to or staying at the Local Content option, here is what worked for me the couple of times I had it happen.

I am using the Goflex Satellite with the latest software/firmware wifi connected to an iPad 2 running IOS 5.

CLOSE THE ORIGINAL NATIVE DEFAULT PHOTOS APP.

To close an App:

1. Press down the home button at the bottom of your iPad twice in a row. A task bar at the bottom of the screen now shows the open Apps.

2. Scroll to the relevant App (Photos App icon in this case) and press and hold down on it until the icons start to shimmer or jiggle. A red spot with a minus sign will appear at the top of icon, release your finger.

Note: if a black spot with an X appears, stop. Step 1 has not been executed correctly and you are about to delete the App. Press the home button and execute Step 1 again. You will not get the black spot with X option to delete on the original native Apps such as the Photos App.

3. Tap on the red spot to close the App. The App icon will disappear from the screen but it will return on restart.

4. Press the home button to take the icons out of shimmer mode and press again to get the Home Screen.

5. Run the Goflex App and see if it moves off and stays off Local Content and goes to the other Options (Movies, Photos, Folder View, etc.) as it should.

My Goflex App was OK until I downloaded some photos to Local Content thinking I could run them using the default iPad Photos App but this App will not access them. So I used the Goflex App to delete them again from the Local Content but now the Goflex App just stayed on Local Content. As soon as I closed the Photos App, the Goflex App behaved normally. In my case there seemed to be some conflict if the Photos App deployed while the iPad was on the Goflex wifi network and closing the Photos App meant the Goflex App functioned fine again.

I have not had the time to research it further to see if other Apps trigger the issue but I have stayed clear of the stuck in Local Content trap since by only using the Goflex App to play the movies and photo slide shows directly from the folders I dragged and dropped from my Windows XP SP3 PC onto the satellite drive. I have not done anything with documents.

If the above does not work, try closing other media player and document reader Apps such as the Movies App or media/document related downloaded third party Apps while the iPad is on the Goflex wifi network.

3. jeffreytan4896

jeffreytan4896
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:

Hi Cyberhawk, You should be able to google Hack Seagate Satellite and find some answers there. I've seen some folks modify their firmware and gotten SSH, WebDAV and SMB to work. I have bought their custom firmware and is now able to use my Satellite to stream to my Media Player.

4. UniqueDesignSystems

UniqueDesignSystems
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Yes I have had a number of drive failures.
    1. The usb connector on several fail to work when pushed in fully
    2. Formatting the drive or changing the name of the drive can result in no content found
    3. oPlayer lite will play other file formats like .avi the most common movie download type
    4. Using a PC, Formatting and the using Seagate's free Drive Wizard I was able to clone a brand new one onto a 2 failed Satellites
    5. There is software onboard this thing and a MySQL lite server so SH** can happen easily enough, Seagate do not have a restore image to ship with the drive.

5. jeffreytan4896

jeffreytan4896
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The firmware is not on the physical drive. As long as you format it under NTFS, the firmware should not have any problems accessing to it. But the original firmware is really sluggish which is why I bought the hacked firmware from hack seagate satellite dot com.

6. Amrmseif

Amrmseif
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Are you sure that goodplayer can see the goflex satellite without any hacking required?

7. jeffreytan4896

jeffreytan4896
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    No. The GoFlex cannot be seen unless you hack it. That's why I bought the hack.

8. LEG1ON

LEG1ON
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I can see the goflex on goodplayer without the hack.

9. dougef

dougef
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I copy the same movie (which I encoded with handbrake) to the Satellite and to my iPad. They both play fine on the iPad itself. I connect the iPad to a TV with the Apple HDMI connector. If I play the movie from the iPad itself, it plays just fine on the TV. If I play it from the satallite, it does not play full screen - it leaves large black bars on the left and right. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried using the native video player and using 8Player Lite.

10. Hbooooob_2004

Hbooooob_2004
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    when i connect goflex satellite to ipad without opening go flex media a browser open spontaneously . and it do not work promptly wz goflex satellite so i close it and open goflex media.i do not want that browser to open any help plz?
    Every time i connect to go flex satellite a message said in response to ios 6 plz update ur firmware but i updated and follow the instruction but the same message reappear thx

<

#20 Hbooooob_2004, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012