What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godus Game Discussion

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is anyone else playing Godus? If so, join us here to share your tips, advice, suggestions, experience and frustrations!

I'll start. Love the game, love the way it looks and sounds, but playing it on an iPad is very frustrating! Sculpting doesn't always happen where and how you want it to. The followers seem to have a death wish, particularly in voyages! And there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of information out there for people playing on iOS.

Worst of all, after advancing quite far in the game, (thousands of followers, hundreds of mines, more wheat fields than seemed possible) I suddenly lost heaps of progress - so land I had sculpted around the coastline disappeared and left settlements perched on water and followers drowning. Then the game kept crashing, so much so that I couldn't play at all.

This seems to be a problem experienced by many. I deleted and reinstalled the game and started again. Hindsight has proved helpful in some ways.

I'd love to hear from other players, so if you're out there, make yourself known! :D

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you going to do anything differently this time around? I've decided not to make any builder settlements, because first time around they ended up with nothing to do.

I have also planted a tree of joy, which is rather lovely.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ooo, I never got a "tree of joy", does it just make followers happier than a normal tree?
I've built my new world completely differently . Last time I over-sculpted and had difficulty reaching those pre-set wheat fields off to the left. This time I'm working with the hilly bits so I can get to them easier. And I'm going much slower, so I can save up more belief every hour. I'm not getting over-attached, however, because I believe there's and excellent chance of losing everything again!

The tree of joy is on the Gifts menu and it costs gems. I will post a pic, and yes, it makes them happy! Not sure how it compares to a normal tree, but it's pretty.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The tree of joy is basically like a fountain, you get three smiley faces when you tap celebrate and the celebration last for an hour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,620
OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm annoyed that the prices of farming and mining settlements have gone up. I paid 4000 belief for a farming settlement, then 5000 for the next one, then saw that the one after that would cost 6000, which is the samea s the farming village! Which I can't buy yet, because I don't have the stickers for the card. :mad:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Godus crashes for me as soon as I open. It started happening a few days after I started playing, no changes with the update. Does anyone know why it is happening?

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Godus crashes for me as soon as I open. It started happening a few days after I started playing, no changes with the update. Does anyone know why it is happening?

I had the same problem for a while, after losing a lot of progress. I couldn't play at all. I deleted the game and reinstalled it, which meant starting all over. It's been stable for a while, but I've noticed today it has started crashing again. Not as badly as before, though.

Not sure why it's happening. It's frustrating!

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well that stinks! I didn't notice the price hike. But now you mention it, I just made my second mining settlement and it did seem to use a lot of belief. I was broke afterwards and wondered what happened.

I was just stopping by to express my frustration at the voyages. I hate them!!!! Really, really hate them!!! The followers are so unbelievably stupid, and will always take the least direct route, if it leads to danger. It never goes quite the way you want, unless it's a bronze level voyage. I swear, I'm done with voyages forever. A game should not be so stinking stressful. One minute you're sculpting and enjoying "Green Sleeves" whilst collecting belief, the next you're trying to steer 10 morons over a mountain who insist on going over to the champions to say "hi!" Ugh!!! I don't throng think I've ever sworn whilst playing Hay Day, apart from when we use to accidently spend diamonds...

Yes to the voyages! Drive me nuts!! I can do the first couple of stages, but if there are champions, I just avoid them now. Currently I am stuck on the mountains and meteors one, there doesn't seem to be enough time to reduce the mountains with meteors, create a path to the temple, remove any access to swamps, all in 2 minutes, or whatever you get. But they seem to be the only way to get stickers.

But, I do finally have my mountain cottages!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 899

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see that some of you from HayDay have gone to another Game.

Have a great time playing! :)

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, the "mountains and meteors" voyage is where I threw in the towel. I believe it was within the first 10 seconds that I realized what fate awaited. It seems that once the followers plot a course, you really can't dissuade them from it. Anyway, I'm done with voyages. Am currently working on digging up the first temple over on the left. And up to the point where my next farming settlement will cost 8000 belief. However, when I collect ALL the belief available, it only adds up to 6800. The cost seems excessive at this piddley stage of the game.
Love your cottages! They do look marvelously serene perched up there overlooking the ocean :D

They also give a lot of belief, 1200 or 1500, depending on which level of mountain they are on, so I think they were worth it. The builders who live in them seem a bit lazy though, they will only appear for the plot immediately next to them, the others have to be leashed.

I'm surprised that the cost of farming settlements is so high for you too - I had assumed it would only be once you reached a certain level in the game. It makes things a lot more difficult. :(

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had the same problem for a while, after losing a lot of progress. I couldn't play at all. I deleted the game and reinstalled it, which meant starting all over. It's been stable for a while, but I've noticed today it has started crashing again. Not as badly as before, though.

Not sure why it's happening. It's frustrating!

Deleting and reinstalling just saves my progress and starts the game from where I left and crashes again. I've tried that quite a number of times.

OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Deleting and reinstalling just saves my progress and starts the game from where I left and crashes again. I've tried that quite a number of times.

Are you using iOS 8?

Have you tried writing to their support team? I've written a couple of times and have had replies, first time helpful, second time not so much. :)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using iOS 8?

Have you tried writing to their support team? I've written a couple of times and have had replies, first time helpful, second time not so much. :)

I'll do that. Thank you!

Yes, I'm using iOS8

Last edited:
OP
Chumleyboo

Chumleyboo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll do that. Thank you!

Yes, I'm using iOS8

There seem to be a multitude of problems with iOS 8, although apparently their last update was supposed to have fixed that. There is a forum on their website, I can't post the link here, but if you search for 22Cans, you will find their website and there is information there about updates etc, and a discussion forum. Also, I have found some useful info on their Facebook page, in the posts from other users. They are planning another big update which will include another world to sail to, sounds potentially exciting - if they can sort out all the glitches!

Most reactions

Latest posts